When did RawPedia move to Wikimedia?

Curious since I was looking at it only a day or two ago and it still had the previous “black bar down the left” appearance, but now it’s on Wikimedia. And that’s not a complaint – Wikimedia is a very capable and well-known platform that comfortable and familiar from a UX perspective.

Just wondering how long I’ve been under a rock… LOL

Thanks.

The platform has always been Mediawiki, but there was a custom skin before, which broke on an update, so we switched so we could have the update and a working site.

I believe it’ll be moving to a static site generator soonish, probably Hugo.

Ah, OK. Well at least I’ve not been totally under a rock. :slight_smile: Totally, that is…

Thanks.

Yeah, basically I broke the wiki while trying to sort out some user stuff for the project. I didn’t have time to track down what stopped the site from rendering with the custom skin so I had to revert it to a default monobook theme for now so that it would still work.

I’m sorry. :frowning:

No worries. I’m sure I’ll sleep OK tonight. :laughing:

Oops, hope you can get it fixed. I know the stuff we use is pretty dated. Thanks for the effort!

Also, no offense, but I would like to be kept in the loop if you discover something like this happens to something related to RT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was a case of Morgan asking me to add a user and the wiki needing updating. I’m working with @XavAL and Morgan now to get a replacement up and running soon that will be a static site and use a git repo with its workflows for managing and adding content.

Just need to design a new site and transfer all of the data + assets.