When Running rawtherapee-cli on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 I get "Killed: 9"

I am trying to write a script to develop my .CR2 files produced by my Canon T7I. When I run the command line version of rawtherapee I get a message that says “Killed: 9”. I’ve am running it on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 in GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (arm64-apple-darwin21).

This is what I get when I run it on from the shell:

ComputerName:MacOS username$ pwd
/Applications/RawTherapee.app/Contents/MacOS
PMs-MacBook-Pro:MacOS pm$ ./rawtherapee-cli
Killed: 9
ComputerName:MacOS username$

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Have you granted permissions to RT in the macos preferences?

I granted permission to sh per an article I saw online. It feels like there is something else I need to give permission to. Can you please provide an example?

Regards,

Paul

Sorry also what version of RT are you using? I thought there was a script to setup rt-cli, perhaps @HIRAM can provide some details.

I am running RawTherapee version 5.8 released on February 4, 2020.

Regards,

Paul

First thing you might want to try is a newer version. The one you are using now is old and should not be used any longer.

You mention arm64, so you probably need the macOS (11.3) link. The zip file comes with an installable dmg file and the cli version (not a stand-alone item, do read the INSTALL.readme.rtf file).

Resolved - Thank you.

I took your advice and cloned the latest source code for the developer build, built it and copied the rt-cli file to /usr/share/bin et voila, it worked! I have some missing configuration files to figure out but i am passed the Killed: 9 issue.