Where are the most photogenic landscapes?

Regarding animals, most are afraid or wary of humans and only attack if they are defending their young or otherwise in a desperate situation. I know it isn’t the same but when I volunteered at a wildlife centre a long time ago, one injured coyote (maybe it wasn’t a coyote; it was so long ago) was so afraid that it chewed through the dry wall and broke the glass door to escape from the hospital leaving fur, skin and a bloody trail. I don’t remember if they found it or if it died afterwards.

1 Like

Amen to that! :smiley:

2 Likes

Talked to my friend who went to Croatia a few years ago. She recommends:

Plitvice Lakes National Park

Krka national park

2 Likes

(Bears, don’t like them, 200 kg of muscles, teeth and claws dressed up as children toys :slight_smile: )

How about the fjords in Norway?

1 Like

It’s on my list.

Of all the places I have been so far, I would say Iceland. Fascinating scenery just about everywhere you look. Behind each bend in the road, there is something new and interesting to see.

1 Like

I can recommend the whole coast of Cornwall, England. It is full with dozens of small beaches and coves. You can get there via airplane to Newquai and rent a car.

1 Like

She can’t rent a car because

I think at the moment I am most inclined to Mullerthal/Eifel and Algarve, although the Camino del Norte, as suggested by @heckflosse, also sounds very interesting. Apparently it is easier to find good photo spots for the Algarve, I mean the preparation/research is easier.
As I also want to swim a bit, I think Ireland is not so interesting for me.

Big Sur and visiting @paperdigits is also on my list, however, in Big Sur there is only public transportation in summer.

It would be optimal if I could combine a journey (photography trip) with visiting people.

You don’t need a car to do Cornwall. I don’t drive and I’ve had a load of summer holidays in Cornwall. The bus/train services are more than enough to get to most places. The light in St Ives is amazing.

1 Like

Well, this was 2010-05-22 at the north of Ireland west coast :wink:

Edit: This is very close to the very small Donegal airport:

Edit: a bit more to the south. The Slieve League

1 Like

Also a path around the coast of Cornwall so that you can get a much better view on foot. A lot of ups and downs though!

1 Like

Can you ride a bicycle or motorbike (classes that don’t require licences)? That would help you get to places in regions that require long distance travel.

No. That’s even more dangerous than driving cars. Have not been sitting on a bike in… I think more than 25 years.

Many people think that it is impossible to live without a car but that’s nothing but a delusion. Everywhere and always.

3 Likes

I know people who live in New York City sans car. On a trip a long time ago, after driving in that city for about a 1/2hr before I turned in the rental car, screaming, I get that… :crazy_face:

In Air Force basic training in the '70s, my cot neighbor was from NYC, and had never driven, did not possess a driver’s license. When the job assignments came down, he got “motor pool operator”… A couple of us went to the drill instructor to point out the apparent disconnect… :laughing:

4 Likes

Well, somehow I have the feeling that I won’t be able to travel much this year (because of the pandemic). :slightly_frowning_face:

This island right here. That’s where you get everything. Seascape, mountains, waterfalls, woodland,… Ah man, I love it so much, I’ll have to go again.

1 Like

Maybe that’s what I’m looking for.

I was in Corsica once. Beautiful and varied landscapes, as @Alpacalypse said. Plus the small towns and mountain huts to give some human touch if you want.

However: we went in the off-season, and there were full towns that were literally closed. We had to carry 3-4 days of food on the back because the intermediate stops had no open shops to re-supply us. So plan carefully the time of the year…

1 Like