Where does color blindness affect you?

I have a slight red-green weakness, or at least it takes more effort to distinguish between the two.

Over the holidays I have been playing a match-3-like game called Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, where you use weaker units to activate stronger ones. The problem is that certain weaker units’ palettes swaps are nearly indistinguishable; e.g., you can have something like 20%,30%,60% and 30%,20%,60% for the weaker units and then 30%,40%,60% for the stronger one. It doesn’t help that the sprite art isn’t entirely that one identifiable color; the units are quite colorful!

The way around it was to:

• set my sad non-profiled screen to 5000K
  • use a global eyedropper
  • know which part of each unit to look for the identifiable color

I also got a red-green colour-problem. I see red, and I see green, but when they…blend… together, well, they blend :slight_smile:
I mostly play games on my iPad, and if it is a match-3-like game, the different parts must be easy to distinguish without colour, or else I do not play it. And the same for other games, really. If they use red-green for critical information, it’s probably a no-play. Or a problematic no-so-fast play.
This also means that I probably does not get to enjoy the best of all the colour-modules in darktable, but hey, I’m still having fun :smiley: