Why am I seeing this in terminal in Mac dock?

So im on a new computer - Mac Sonoma M3 chip and use Gimp not very often and have the following question. Ive previously used Gimp on a T2 MacBook Pro. Now on this new Sonoma, when I use Gimp, I see this:

" Last login: Tue Apr 2 09:25:34 on ttys000
wmmbp@T-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg/file-jpeg ; exit;
/Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg/file-jpeg is a GIMP plug-in and must be run by GIMP to be used

Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.

[Process completed]. "

It pops up ion the terminal App, in the Dock, in the Recently used / suggested app area.

Why am I seeing this and what does it mean? In my previous OS, I did not have suggested Apps, recently used area activated for the Dock - so maybe it was always running but I never saw it.

Tks for any help / suggestions

Looks like something is trying to run the plugin alone… The question is what do you do to start Gimp? Is this a script?

Which gimp version are you using on the M3?

ill try to show whats happening.

End of dock where Show suggested and recent apps resides BEFORE I open an image in Gimp:

I’ll right click on image to select , open with Gimp. Now you’ll see Gimp, Terminal has opened and you’ll see the image in the background:

Inside Terminal are these 2 items - image in background:

Trying to figure out why Terminal is opening and what it means.

I also reset it to defaults today

so I uninstalled & reinstalled and get same behavior. So unless its a bug or has always been doing this and never noticed because ive never had the suggested and recents apps in the dock turned on, not sure whats up. I also notice the the below in the plug-ins section of gimp Settings:

Ive highlighted the one thats missing…

The pop-up is not surprising but what is seems to say is it’s trying to launch an internally-dependent jpeg library as an external executive called by the terminal shell. That seems erroneous.

The question is what/who is entering

/Applications/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/file-jpeg/file-jpeg; exit;

because it looks like it is typed at the console?

Looks like there is at least one other person with the same issue. Posted on the Gimp gnome help forum.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/10517