Why are my processed images resized to 900px by default?

Hi, I’m rather new to raw therapee but have some previous experience with Lightroom, Aperture and Adobe Camera RAW.

When I export images with the batch queue it gets downsized to 900x600px by default - even if have not enabled the rezize tool. Also even if I do enable the resize tool and set it to a larger size (e.g. 2700x1800) it will still come out as 900x600.

Why? How do I disable this behavour and most importantly - how can I make “no resize” the default behaviour - as it should be?

Hi

You must be mistaken about the resize tool not being enabled. Maybe it’s enabled by default in your default profile.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Main_Page#Processing_Profiles

Hi and thanks for trying to help!

I might very well be mistaken, but I havent touched my processing profiles and my output files comes out as 900x600 regardless of how I toggle the resize function.

I seriously cannot find any way to get this behaviour to go away - very confusing and frustrating.

Just a thought: are you doing Fast Export? The files get resized in this option.

2 Likes

Could you provide us with a screenshot showing the “Resize” panel? Just drop the screenshot file here.

Yup, that seems to be the problem - I did use the fast export feature - didn’t realize it’d resize the pic.

/thanks

1 Like

I was going to but the problem seems to be solved now

You are welcome! If you like the quality of Fast Export (except for resize), you can change the resize option to the longest side of your sensor. Go to the Fast Export tab in the file browser mode of RT to make the changes.