why does my windows console pop up when i open a file with rawtherapee as the default app, note: i havent installed the debug version

whenever i open rawtherapee and then open an image it doesnt open the console but whenever i open an image whose file type is set to open in rawtherapee by default i get the console and the program itself, the console is called RawTherapee 5.9 console and gives me parsing errors even when the files will eventually open

this is also part of the error code: “Failed to parse C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.9\share\gtk-3.0\settings.ini: Key file does not start with a group”

edit: the settings.ini file only containts this: “[Settings] gtk-button-images=1”

It must look like

[Settings]
gtk-button-images=1

And according to Command-Line Options - RawPedia (rawtherapee.com) add -w to the command line. Then you will not have the console

so i type cmd in the windows search then type -w and it works?
i have no idea how to get to the RawTherapee console or whatever it is, i only have the CLI application and normal, no GUI one and i cant type in the opened console

No, that is not correct. To be able to run a command directly from the explorer a registry entry will be maintained automatically. That entry has to be maintained via the windows tool regedit. In my case it looks like

1 Like