Will 3.6 be able to read cr3 files from a R5?

@johnny-bit Do you need something from the R5 as well? Just asking as you didn’t tag me

Thanks @piratenpanda :slight_smile: I think we have full set of samples for R, R5 and M50. If you want to create a full set of samples for R5 it would best to have newest firmware on it :slight_smile:

So with 1.3.1. it would provide something useful to you? And I only see four R5 images on raw.pixls.us so you have them somewhere internally I guess

Yes it will provide useful data. Please if you can create full set as described - all ISO combinations and crops with CC0 licence :slight_smile:

Thank you!

will do that

1 Like

In the respective darktable issue on github it also says dual pixel as well. Do you also want that? I guess if yes, we’ll have to do this in several steps as my poor server is not that big :smiley:
Currently uploading raw and craw

@johnny-bit

I’ll do that tomorrow Hubert, I’m happy to help!

2 Likes

@johnny-bit Please find R5 raws, cropped raws, craws, cropped craws, dual pixel raws, cropped dual pixel raws, dual pixel craws and cropped dual pixed craws here:
https://pandainthecloud.de/nextcloud/index.php/s/qwFEYQrzHqPBgQk
Taken with firmware 1.3.1

I’m sorry if the naming conventions are not fulfilled 100% but renaming after downloading seemed easier than reuploading several hours again.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Also please let me know when you dont need the files anymore on my server

put them to https://raws.pixls.us

The prolem with raw.pixls.us is that it’s 1 sample per camera mode (not iso setting) and base iso is assumed.

AFAIK we need full set of ISO samples for black levels difference.

Other that that raw.pixls.us is an amazing resource that needs to be used :slight_smile:

For the ones not following development closely there is now an intial cr3 parser/decoder Support for Canon CR3 raw files by cytrinox · Pull Request #271 · darktable-org/rawspeed · GitHub

I am happy everything is moving so fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hubert I’ll reply in the other thread with the links to get all the samples you needed. I’ll also see if I can upload all of these files to raw.pixls.us?

Ideally upload to raw.pixls.us JUST the base ISO. Currently the only “missing” differentiation on raw.pixls.us is ISO setting. That’s why I’m asking for links to pack of files. Those WILL end up on raw.pixls.us if the sample set of base ISO is missing on raw.pixls.us

ok just tried but raw.pixls.us refuses my shots as “they’re already here”.

I’ll keep them on my disks anyway. (it was a nice escapade this morning to set up a “natura morta” to do those shots).

1 Like

It’s not just about the R5 - RAW files from all modern Canon Cameras (CR3) are now unsupported. Very sad.

What are you talking about?

We are working together to make it happen. Those not into darktable development rn provide raw samples to get camera support done earlier. Code is being written as we speak so I am very optimistic. You can also provide raw images and white balance profiles if your camera is not yet supported. See:

and

3 Likes

Progress: Support for Canon CR3 raw files by cytrinox · Pull Request #271 · darktable-org/rawspeed · GitHub

So happy about this!

I’m now very undecided on which way to go;

• Convert all my past cr3 files to dng, import them in dt and start working them, adding metadata etc straight away or
  • Wait for cr3 support to be implemented in source

I need to investigate if the first option allows me in the future to simply substitute dng for cr3 files and preserve processing, metadata etc…