Windows 10 Photo Viewer doesn't show metadata

I am using a Win 10, 64Bit computer.

I just noticed that the tiff export in RT5.0-r1-gt3 does not contain any metadata about camera, lens and exposure. However, the JPG export does contain all of this information. Thus, if I export a tiff file from RT to further process it in GIMP, all the metadata is lost. Can this behaviour be changed?

@shreedhar metadata is preserved, and if your TIFF is really missing it then the usual bug report requirements apply.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_write_useful_bug_reports

Thanks! I have raised this issue.

hi, there’s a setting in Preferences (Image Processing) which affects the copying of metadata to the output.

@RawConvert Yes. I have enabled it. That is why my JPG exports have all the metadata.

@Morgan_Hardwood has been helping me in solving this issue and it seems that Win 10 environment is responsible and it is not a RT fault. But I will be interested in knowing if everyone with win 10 RT 5.0-r1-gtk3 has this problem.

All one has to do is to open a raw file and save in a tif format and have a look at it in Win 10 photo viewer. Do you see all the metadata in the detail tab of the properties?

Details about the problem: