Wishlist for Siril

I’ve been using Siril for a few months to process photos from my Seestar. Siril is really good but I have a few requests to make it better (in approx. order of priority).

For stretching in GHS, I’d like a “Preview” option (or maybe just a “show previous” while holding a button) to see the effect of a stretch option. This would be much better than accepting the stretch, then checking “undo” & “redo”. Likewise in the Background Stretch under Star Recomposition.

I suggest the “Ready” indication and the progress bar be much brighter so they show up better.

I’ve used the trick in Deep Space Astro “Create a Pseudo Mask in Siril”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7j0foGXBaQ
to adjust luminance of part of an image while protecting bright objects. It would help to be able to better do this with a bright elliptical object. (For example, brightening the Horsehead without blowing our Alnitak). I would like an elliptical (or stretchable round) selection in addition to the existing rectangular selection. A true mask as in Photoshop would be even better.

It would be helpful to have a better indication for when some processing options, such as Photometric Color Calibration, have concluded. Perhaps just dim the “OK” button when the task is finished.

In star removal, allow a preference to default to “Pre-stretch linear image”.

Thanks for truly useful software,
Fred

1 Like

Hello. Siril is being actively developed and the dev version is quite different from 1.2. Basing a wish list on 1.2 may therefore be obsolete :).

The progress bar is based upon the GTK theme. It is the default. But on Linux it is possible to change the theme and to see it differently. However, on Windows only one theme is possible. The CSS file could be modified, but this is clearly not a priority. Space in the GUI is precious, especially for the height. Making the progress bar larger would take up this space.

Also, the console tab has logs that indicates the end of a process.

This tool has changed a lot:

And here again, logs indicates when it’s done.

Above all, the latter is becoming obsolete in favor of the Spectrophotometry Color Calibration (SPCC)