Write Node Automatic Naming?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to export a file with the same name as the read node. I do a lot of editing on still images and I’d like to export multiple stills at a time, but at the moment I have to just export as a sequence and rename them after.

Is there any command that sets the write export name to the read file name?

Cheers.

Is there no way to do this? It would really make life much easier :smiley:

You could probably do it with a python script but it gets harder if there’s more than one read node in the comp. Also this is especially hard if they’re being exported as a sequence.

I tried putting an expression in the File field of the Write node that said Read1.filename.get(). In theory it would work but when I ran it it just crashed Natron :rofl: Perhaps it doesn’t like feedback loops?

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I usually have three read nodes connected to a switcher that then changes based on the time so for example at frame 0 the switcher is set to 0 at frame 1 it’s set to 1, and so on.

So it would be really useful if it could get the name for each read node and export with the same name, but even if it’s only one node that would be useful enough.

Thanks