You were logged out?

@patdavid and/or @paperdigits

Que?, as Manuel in Fawlty Towers would have said:
Twice today I have got a msg on pixls.us saying “You have been logged out” while reading a post. Have you incorporated some new features? Do I have to read faster?

Sincerely Yours,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

(Mica) #2

I’ve been logged in for months from Firefox. Perhaps your browser decided to clear its cache?

Are you logged in via Facebook?

I am using firefox with high privacy settings.

New clue found: when I click on an xmp file (on pixls.us),
I get kicked out & am given the option to refresh.

(Mica) #4

I am also on firefox, though I guess without the highest privacy settings, since I just downloaded an XMP and I’m still logged in.

If you have cookies disabled, could you try enabling them or whitelisting the forum?

Addditional clue found :slight_smile:
I installed uBlock original instead of
the other blocker.

Now it seems to be OK again.

(Mica) #6

ah ha

I’m using Privacy Badger and uBlock origin and it is working well for me.

When I tried to fetch the xmp from this post

I was kicked out, presumably because I used the Privacy Possum addon to firefox.

Now I use Ghostery and uBlock original, and I do not kicked out, but it takes a l-o-n-g time before the fetch starts.

(Mica) #8

I’d personally get rid of both of those exensions. Ghostery is made by an analytics firm and the original uBlock has been tainted in a similar way, hence uBlock Origin.

Privacy Badger is by the EFF and works pretty well, I think.

Thank you, Oh, Wise Man!
So, to recap: if I understand you corrrectly,
it would suffice with Privacy Badger?

(Mica) #10

I use both Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin. uBlock does it automatically and Privacy Badger gives me fine grained JavaScript blocking.

Thank you.

I tried privacy badger when it first came out and it didn’t do all that much. I will give it another spin.

(Mica) #13

@afre you have to train Privacy Badger a bit. It’ll learn what you want to block.

To do that, would I need to disable my other add-ons and / or reset my browser settings?

(Mica) #15

If you wanted to maximize PB, then yes, disable other plugins… But I never have disabled others and it seems to work well for me.

(Pat David) #16

I too just tend to use uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger. They’ve covered most things for me.