You were logged out?

@patdavid and/or @paperdigits

Que?, as Manuel in Fawlty Towers would have said:
Twice today I have got a msg on pixls.us saying “You have been logged out” while reading a post. Have you incorporated some new features? Do I have to read faster?

Sincerely Yours,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

I’ve been logged in for months from Firefox. Perhaps your browser decided to clear its cache?

Are you logged in via Facebook?

1 Like

I am using firefox with high privacy settings.

New clue found: when I click on an xmp file (on pixls.us),
I get kicked out & am given the option to refresh.

I am also on firefox, though I guess without the highest privacy settings, since I just downloaded an XMP and I’m still logged in.

If you have cookies disabled, could you try enabling them or whitelisting the forum?

Addditional clue found :slight_smile:
I installed uBlock original instead of
the other blocker.

Now it seems to be OK again.

ah ha

I’m using Privacy Badger and uBlock origin and it is working well for me.

When I tried to fetch the xmp from this post

I was kicked out, presumably because I used the Privacy Possum addon to firefox.

Now I use Ghostery and uBlock original, and I do not kicked out, but it takes a l-o-n-g time before the fetch starts.

I’d personally get rid of both of those exensions. Ghostery is made by an analytics firm and the original uBlock has been tainted in a similar way, hence uBlock Origin.

Privacy Badger is by the EFF and works pretty well, I think.

1 Like

Thank you, Oh, Wise Man!
So, to recap: if I understand you corrrectly,
it would suffice with Privacy Badger?

I use both Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin. uBlock does it automatically and Privacy Badger gives me fine grained JavaScript blocking.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I tried privacy badger when it first came out and it didn’t do all that much. I will give it another spin.

@afre you have to train Privacy Badger a bit. It’ll learn what you want to block.

To do that, would I need to disable my other add-ons and / or reset my browser settings?

If you wanted to maximize PB, then yes, disable other plugins… But I never have disabled others and it seems to work well for me.

I too just tend to use uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger. They’ve covered most things for me.

Speaking of uBlock Origin, what if I wanted to block everything because I hated the internet1? At one point, if I recall correctly, || did that for me. Now, it loads things to a certain extent. What am I missing?

[1] With one or two items in the whitelist. Sometimes I need to focus on offline stuff and for the record I can never hate pixls.us.