Zion National Park - Utah, USA

This is the next step in your road trip through the Western US states: Zion.
Gorgeous landscapes, but very hard to find a beer, “thanks” to the mormons…

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

IMG_2289.CR2 (8.5 MB)

6 Likes

My edits:
IMG_2289_EDIT_003CA.txt (1.6 KB)

Is the txt file helpful in any way ?

1 Like

Here is my DT 5.6 edit. The image looked a bit soft to me, probably because of the relatively large aperture for a landscape. I therefore tried using teh diffuse or sharpen module to add some lens deblur.
IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (13.8 KB)

1 Like

This is indeed a very nice edit but it looks somewhat strange to me: The typical red rocks are not red anymore and the oppressive heat of late afternoon has been replaced by a nice and fresh morning. It’s a nice edit for sure but it feels weird to me because it is not what I remember of the place…

I wonder if this is closer?


IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (18.3 KB)

5 Likes

Yes, much closer :slight_smile:


IMG_2289.jpg.out.pp3 (23.2 KB)
A RawTherapee 5.13 generation

Created several targets for 3 total layers in RapidRaw and blended to my taste. I then selectively saturated to taste as well. Not perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two versions for this one:


IMG_2289_01.CR2.xmp (15,6 KB)

IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (14,7 KB)

4 Likes

Yes, if people are testing your program. I think more people would be willing to try it if there were a prebuilt version available. (I don’t want to sound blunt or snobby but I’m no good with words sometimes)


IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (20.0 KB)

Coincidentally, my youngest son was at Zion last week.


IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (6.7 KB)

3 Likes

darktable 5.6.1


IMG_2289_01.CR2.xmp (30.6 KB)

2 Likes

There is no pre-built version only because my code is not ready (yet) for prime time. Hopefully there will be a “private beta” next month.

1 Like

What a great view! Here my proposal, done with RT 5.13:


IMG_2289…jpg.out.pp3 (24,0 KB)

1 Like

IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (21.1 KB)


Even though I like the original composition, I decided to lean into the diagonals created by the mountains and the tree on the right by cropping it.

4 Likes

1 Like

IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (22.0 KB)

2 Likes

IMG_2289.CR2.xmp (12.5 KB)

2 Likes

Beautiful area, thanks for sharing!

Edited with HDR Finisher. AVIF + gain map format.


zion.hdrfinisher.zip (4.0 KB)

3 Likes


Zion_National_Park.CR2.xmp (22.3 KB)

Beautiful Picture.
I am still having troubles with processing sharpness in DT but i am slowly getting there :smiley: