366/2024 photo project

Thanks, I did not see that when took photo of that graffiti, but this composition was clear when I opened it in darktable.

Thanks!

There was Tiirismaa Winter Trail run (10km and 14km) competition near me, so went in the forest and took some photos. It was minus 18 Celsius and this one guy was bit tougher than others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Despite initial doubts into this project, this turned out to be a very interesting thread with great captures. Congrats!

I have still some doubts about this project myself :slight_smile:. There have been no difficult days yet but I’m sure those will also come during the year. Every day I have carried the camera from ten minutes to a few hours with me. It is possible that some topics of the images will often be repeated during this project.

13.2.2024 - Universum

9 Likes

14.2.2024 - Fresh snow

15.2.2024 - Pierrot lunaire, Lahti Symphony

16.2.2024 - Translucent woven fabric

17.2.2024 - Tofu Fajitas

Food photography is difficult (at least for me). It might help if I used more than 10 sec to take this shot, but I don’t want be that person who uses many minutes just to take picture of the food :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very nice!

Thank you!

5 Likes

I really like the bird. Reminds me of Simon D’Entremont, who seems to always catch wildlife doing something and not just sitting there.

Doesn’t look like that bike is going anywhere soon.

4 Likes

Dunno… I bet if you moved it into the street it would slide right to the bottom of the hill! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

With the one mirror turned backward, the pedestrians it hits would be able to see their own terrified faces! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks! It was practice shot in bad light. I wanted to test once more how RAW precapture works. Oh boy it makes this type of images easy. No more hundreds of shots to cull.

That bike was probably abandoned by local kids. In summer time they used to have some gatherings near place where it was. It have been there at least six months and it looks like it has crashed little bit.

21.2.2024 - Parents waiting for kids

This little animal has learned how to empty bird feeder. I was wondering how little tits could empty one liter in one day. Yesterday evening I noticed when one of these used it mouth to move that feeder and drop all the nuts to the ground where it and few of it companions could eat them. Today one of them come even earlier and I could get picture of it from terrace door.

5 Likes

I learned something today. Thanks!

1 Like

23.2.2024 - Basil

1.4x macro from 1 day old basil. This is stack of 120 images, stacked in Helicon Focus. I’m not really happy with how this turned out. Light was too harsh.

25.2.2024 - For Love

The colors were a bit dull here.

I haven’t shaved since February 24, 2022 (well little bit here and there, but have not touched length). I will cut my beard after Putin is dead and or Ukraine is free, or my wife cuts it when I sleep too long :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love the ones of the cross country skiers and the trees, boulders, and snow.

1 Like

I like this!

Interesting foggy image

I think the last one is most likely. Wars suck. “Death and Destruction are never satisfied, and neither are human eyes.”

Thanks! Skiers are from biggest skiing event held in Finland - Finlandia-hiihto. Oldest skiers were over 75 years old and they skied more than 30km. I really hope that I can do same at that age.

Boulders are from: Pirunpesä Gorge and Tiirismaa hill | Visit Finland

It was formed after the last ice age, when the ice melted.

1 Like

Thanks Bojdar,

War really sucks and I tried to get that in to my expression. It will only bring death and destruction. Also this image tries to tell that if anyone tries to invade Finland I’m ready to take gun and kill invaders to protect my loved ones. I will do everything I could to save them from torture, rapes and death, which Russians have done so many Ukrainians.

Russians, please, do something to your mad dictator and leave from Ukraine!

2 Likes

2.3.2024 - Pinball

3.3.2024 - Trash image

I have some good images of people from this day, but to protect their privacy I don’t show those in public forums.

4.3.2024 - Knit cap

Wife finished new knit cap and took this image to document that.

8 Likes

Wow – That’s really impressive!

1 Like

The eye candy just keeps on coming - thank you for your dedication to this project, as one of the beneficiaries!

Question: can you please describe the assembly of sockets, nuts and washers on 1 March? Did you assemble all these yourself? Looks like a painstaking task, taking much longer than making the photographic exposure. Also - how is this illuminated? Some sort of grid behind with light beyond that?

4 Likes

I like the colors. They stand out very well with the dark background and compliment the hair color.

2 Likes