A foggy sunrise

Another great walk! Really like all the different interpretations on this one.

pr.30.min.later

pr.30.min.later.rw2.xmp (38.3 KB)
dt 3.2.1

A chance to try the retouch module out. I am quite unfamiliar with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, the amount of different interpretations of both my contributions is rather impressive. Some very nice ones indeed and that even though many donā€™t come close to what it is I saw that morningā€¦ I love to see all these visions.

This is a really nice place to walk and enjoy the surroundings and watch nature do its thing. This particular area isnā€™t all that big, about a square kilometre (maybe 2) but it is situated just right.

There are plans to start building here though :angry: Protests and petition are ongoing, but I probably know how this will end up in the longer rub. My town doesnā€™t have anywhere to go, weā€™re completely surrounded by Delft, Den Haag, Voorburg and a few other towns.

BTW: This was a few days later. Roughly the same spot as my 30 min later shot above, 10 steps or so back and 30 degrees to the right:

1 Like

I kept my changes minimal in order to preserve the early morning mood. dt 3.4.1

pr.30.min.later

pr.30.min.later.rw2.xmp (7.2 KB)

2 Likes

Very nice ! I like the contrast of the hoarfrost and the warm morning light.

pr.30.min.later

pr.30.min.later.rw2.xmp (20.9 KB)

2 Likes

Does it have a name? Trying to locate it on Google Map.

This path doesnā€™t have a name, but I do have some coordinates for you (I donā€™t do Google): lat=52.03350 lon=4.34201

The shot was taken looking to the east and you can just see the wide ditch curve to the left at the very end.

The first image was shot from here: lat=52.03592 lon=4.34502

Also looking to the east.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been studying your use of unbreak input profile with multiply. People are using multiply or other blend modes with many modules now, and I have no idea how to describe the effects so as to distinguish between using one or another. Only trial and error until one became proficient in choosing, I guess. The effect of unbreak w/o multiply is so drastic, how then did you imagine it would produce the effect it did with multiply?

I went at this with my keen, artistic vision :rofl:, which means I fooled around with this, that, and the other until I got this:

pr.30.min.later_12.rw2.xmp (59.6 KB)
dt 3.5

Removing that single ā€œstickā€ in the lower-right corner was a problem. The grass kept getting dark black areas in it.

I also removed a spot that might have been something in the water, or possibly a spot on the lens?

The artist is Jacques. Great pictures!

1 Like

That one is on the sensor. There are actually 2 spots, one of those isnā€™t all that visible in this shot.

I really love this compact camera, rather powerful for its size, but it has a fixed zoom lens. Cameraā€™s that have this setup make it basically a dust pump, especially when you turn it on/off and the lens fully extends/retracts. Itā€™s almost 2 years old now, I use it rain or shine and it is holding up rather well.

I do need to have it cleaned one of these days though. Canā€™t do that myself, like I do with my ā€œrealā€ camera. It is all but impossible to get to the sensor to clean it yourself.

Those are truly remarkable photos for a compact camera.

Canā€™t remember whether I mentioned it, have you tried a vacuum cleaner attached to a rolled up magazine around the barrel of the lens. Had to repeat a few times but worked for me. Perhaps this dirt is more stubbornā€¦

1 Like

Nope, I did try to dislodge it by putting it with a vibrating surface but that didnā€™t work. Iā€™ll give your tip a try. Thanks!

Just tried something very similar and that seems to have done the trick.

First try made it worse (Iā€™m sure that there was more dust present then the 2 visible specs on the sensor). For the second try I decided to remove the battery and memory card (more openings for the air flow), the third try was with everything in its proper place again and with the lens fully extended.

Made a few test shots and all seems to be clean. Time will tell if I just moved the dust to a temporary new location or actually removed it from the housing.

Anyway: Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Glad that it helped!

When I load your sidecar, here is all I get:

The xmp doesnā€™t work for me either.

You can download the image and use that as ā€˜sidecarā€™, the info is included in this jpg. Works for me.

1 Like