ancetre fiat 500

Please don’t forget to explicitly state the license you want to release your image with! A common license used here includes something like below:

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.
bonjour
y a t il moyen de developpe la fiat 500 comme sur la photo
merci
IMG_7163.CR2 (26.9 MB)

6 Likes

Ciao Angelo, and welcome!

You mean something like this — or simply more oompf
in the Fiat?

Please excuse sloppy masking :slight_smile:

Have fun!
Claes a Lund, Svezia

2 Likes

Lovely old car! My play in GIMP. I have tried to bring out the reflections in the paintwork.

1 Like

Don’t know, but it seems to me, the OP wants something more drastic

are we going in the right direction? :thinking::smile:

1 Like

Wait! I wanted the picture of the tractor.

Nevertheless, the photo of the automobile is excellent. dt 4.4.2

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (8.0 KB)

3 Likes

My version…

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (24.7 KB)

6 Likes

An edit with darktable + a custom curve+color-shift.

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (13.7 KB)

2 Likes

y a t il moyen d avoir l ambiance de la photo du tracteur (couleur)

Looks like a bit of HDR (typically Luminance HDR if you use FOSS). There are also several techniques to get pseudo-HDR with Gimp.

But while on the tractor picture the rest of the picture is fine so you can go HDR on the whole picture, in your won picture the surroundings are not that good and using HDR on them will make them stand out more. So to make a nice picture from this you have to cut out the car and either:

• transplant it on a completely different background, but if this one is also HDR everything has to match perfectly (color balance, light direction/shadows)
  • keep it on the same background, but reduce its visibility with selective blur/desaturation/colorization, which is what I did in a very similar case.
1 Like

Moi, je n’y arrive pas.
another version… maybe this one is a little closer.

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (27.5 KB)

4 Likes

fiat 500_IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (13.9 KB)

6 Likes

With RT 5.9
LUT “CrispWarm” from CreativePack-1 required

20230802_IMG_7163_RT-2.jpg.out.pp3 (22,6 KB)

With DT 4.4.2
LUT “CrispWarm” from CreativePack-1 required

20230802_IMG_7163_03.CR2.xmp (13,7 KB)

Greetings!

2 Likes

Hi Angelo!
My attempt. It’s a bit hard to match as it is a rather different kind of shot. But I tried!
I assume you know, but you can load any of our .xmp files into darktable to see what we did, using this button:

Bonjour Angelo !
J’ai essayé. C’est un peu difficile à faire correspondre, car c’est un type de photo assez différent. Mais j’ai essayé !
Je suppose que vous le savez, mais vous pouvez charger n’importe lequel de nos fichiers .xmp dans darktable pour voir ce que nous avons fait, en utilisant ce bouton :

traduit avec DeepL

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (13.4 KB)

1 Like

Photo: CC-BY-SA XMP: public
Lots of everything :smiley: - Fun, full on local contrast (and decompression in tone eq, top left → bottom right), lots of grain, orange-teal coloring galore, lots ot vignette (using exposure module) …

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (17.0 KB)

1 Like

Used color mapping

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (18.1 KB)

1 Like

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (17.1 KB)

IMG_7163.CR2.xmp (9.7 KB)

Tone Curve → Local Contrast → Monochrome.

(DT 4.4.2)

As suggested by Ofnuts, my Fun with GIMP

2 Likes

The Fiat is taking off… Many problems here:

• Lighting mismatch: the red car is lit from slightly back, slightly right while the fiat is lit from slightly front, slightly left.
  • Color mismatch: likely very hard to fix because the target picture has been heavily processed (so it"s not just a color temperature problem, probably also a brightness/contrast or even HDR one)
  • Perspective mismatch: the red car is shot slightly from above with a camera pointing slightly down, when the Fiat has been shot at hood’s height, with a camera shooting horizontally.
  • The Fiat wheels have no shadow. If you want something to look settled on the ground it has to have a little shadow where it touches the ground. That one is not that hard to fake…
  • The ground under the Fiat looks lit from an electric heater under the car. Again, not hard to darken the whole thing significantly (see the other car).

As a rule, the chances that you can transplant a random picture into another random picture are very small, and many examples you see on the web use very carefully selected images or even images taken for that purpose.

A counter example is bunch of group pictures I took recently. No picture where everyone was looking at the camera with an acceptable smile, but since all the pictures where taken in a few minutes, lighting and perspective was the same on all and it was very easy transplant heads to make a group picture with everyone looking good.

As I wrote this is just my fun with GIMP

1 Like