Are there any more reversible deformations besides Euclidean to Polar and Twirl?

Used both in my most recent wood block renders. The more variety of reversible distortions wht more cooler results. Just wondering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

From the little I know, some filters and operations are inherently reversible. Most are not strictly reversible. You could probably do a web search to find out. I also came across a paper recently showing progress in reversing non-reversible filters.

In terms of the examples in your title, I may be wrong but I think they are transformations into another space with a way to return to the original space. We do that sort of thing more often than we think; e.g., gamma and color space / model transformations.

Yeah; with a little coaxing, I got a few more to work. Also, I forgot about GIMP’s own whirl and pinch which actually gives a bit better result for this. I posted a result at GIMPChat. :slight_smile:

The Swami - Page 2 • GIMP Chat

Hi Lyle, The swirl and pinch version is great, you should add it to your swami thread.

Thanks James; Don’t like taking up bandwidth and I actually uploaded this one using GIMPChat’s storage. I’ll see if I can just simply link the image itself though. :slight_smile: