ART -> Gimp -> ART (Back problematic for me)

I am not sure GIMP is able to read ICCV4. You could try with ICC V2.

Hi,

See here:

Building myself doesn’t work :man_shrugging:. So I can’t test the newest hottest stuff.

But it at least gave me the libOpenColorIO_2_2.dll which @gaaned92’s builds are currently missing, so I could test this.

I’m using the ready-to-download version of ART here: agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket
and
I update another version by doing:
~/programs/code-art/tools/build-art

I compare the two versions to see the progress. But my “production” version is the bitbucket version.

----------------------fr------------------
J’utilise la version de ART toute prête à télécharger ici : agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket
et
Je mets à jour une autre version en faisant :
~/programs/code-art/tools/build-art

Je compare les deux versions pour voir les avancées. Mais ma version de “production” est celle du bitbucket.

Is the version in your custom build something like gd8f7d4c7f?

If yes it is the commit hashtag:

Yes. gd8f7d4c7f

I’ve combined this thread with another since it seemed to be the same thing.

The problem must come exclusively from the file browser.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1okSCrh7Pk8o4vSLAJeQjO5HqPsrQ-FjU/view?usp=sharing

I’ll do my best to investigate but I must say that at the moment I have no clue…

A couple more questions:

• can you send me the icc profile of your monitor?
  • do the weird colours appear also when you set the monitor profile to “none”?

Thanks!

I’m working on a laptop with an uncalibrated screen (temporarily) to do the ART → Gimp tests. It is possible that the icc V4 profile is the source of a problem.

I believe that it is urgent to wait some time to let things “settle”. Being neither a developer nor a computer scientist, I am not of much help in solving this random problem. If you can integrate a module to make image borders…

----------------fr------------------------
Je travaille sur un ordinateur portable à l’écran non calibré (provisoirement) pour faire les tests ART ->Gimp. C’est possible que le profile icc V4 soit à la source d’un problème.

Je crois qu’il est urgent d’attendre quelques temps pour laisser les choses se “décanter”. N’étant ni développeur ni informaticien je ne suis pas d’un grand secours pour régler ce problème aléatoire. Si vous pouver intégrer un module pour faire les bordures d’images …

Hi,

To be clearer, I was asking about this profile:

Can you share that file? And what happens if you set it to “None”?

That’s your call of course, but this wont automagically “settle” by itself, and if I can’t reproduce the problem, there’s very little I can do without help…

_1080015.ORF (18.3 MB)

I deleted the ART folder in .config I restarted ART master I processed an image without sRGB: No problem
I processed an image with sRGB in the interface and in the preferences/colorimetry: No problem
I’ll let you know if the problem starts again…
-----------fr----
J’ai supprimé le dossier ART dans .config
J’ai relancé ART master
J’ai traité une image sans sRVB : Pas de problème
J’ai traité une image avec sRVB dans l’interface et dans les préférences/colorimétrie : Pas de problème
Je vous dirai si le problème recommence …

Ok, thanks for testing!

Thanks for information.I corrected that.
My builds are built with OpenColorIO=ON from a while. What is strange, ART never complained that the libOpenColorIO_2_2.dll was missing.
Perhaps it’s due to the fact that I never tried to use this new function.

Don’t know its function, but art didn’t start at all for me.

You probably have the dll somewhere in your PATH, so it was found. Otherwise ART wouldn’t start (as @apostel338 wrote).

Sorry I made a mistake. As Minw64/bin was in the windows path, the art.exe found the missing dll in it.

• I find a green color in the thumbnails of my images in the file browser. It happens when I do the “custom” white balance on my Olympus M5M3 files.
  • With raw images from my old Nikon D750 camera the image thumbnail in the file browser does not have a green tint after setting the white balance to “custom”.
  • It’s not blocking, it’s just weird.
    -------------------------fr-----------------
  • Je retrouve une couleur verte dans les vignettes de mes images dans le navigateur de fichiers. Ca se produit quand je fais la balance des blancs “personnalisée” sur mes fichiers de l’Olympus M5M3.
  • Avec des images raw de mon ancien appareil photo Nikon D750 la vignette de l’image dans le navigateur de fichiers n’a pas de teinte verte après avoir réglé la balance des blancs sur “personnalisé”.
  • Ce n’est pas bloquant, c’est juste bizarre.

20221116_0001.ORF (19.6 MB)

If anyone wants to try on their workstation with my raw file. Editor then custom white balance on the image and back to the file browser to see if the thumbnail is color correct or green. Thanks.
-------------------fr------------
Si quelqu’un veut essayer sur son poste de travail avec mon fichier raw. Editeur puis balance des blancs personnalisée sur l’image et retour dans le navigateur de fichiers pour voir si la vignette est de couleurs correctes ou verte. Merci.