ART -> Gimp -> ART (Back problematic for me)

Seems to work here, sorry :frowning:
Did you try clearing the cache?

When I clear the cache, the problem is solved.
Thanks, I know what to do when the green color comes back.
----------------fr-------------
Quand je vide le cache, le problème est résolu.
Merci, je sais quoi faire quand la couleur verte reviendra.

Good. Please let me know if it happens again though, I would like to understand why…

Yes.

Same green thumbnail here…

dump_348

I just downloaded RawTherapee 2.9 RC 1 (AppImage) and the thumbnail turns green as well !

Edit. But NOT so in RT Version: 5.8-3162-g11168aa64
Branch: dev
Commit: 11168aa64
Commit date: 2022-11-07

The green color has returned. I cleared the cache. But the green color remained this time. It may be because of the Olympus raw files specifically.
It’s not very pretty in the file browser but as long as the green color remains on the thumbnails… The main thing is not to see it in the editor.
------------------------fr--------------
La couleur verte est revenue. J’ai vidé le cache. Mais la couleur verte est restée cette fois-ci. C’est peut-être à cause des fichiers raw Olympus spécifiquement.
Ce n’est pas très joli dans le navigateur de fichiers mais tant que la couleur verte reste sur les vignettes … L’essentiel c’est de ne pas la voir dans l’éditeur.

Is this with the binary from the website or is it a self-compiled version?

self-compiled version
( ~/programs/code-art/tools/build-art )

Did you try with the official package?

I tried with version 1.16.4 I did not notice any color problem on the thumbnails. But that can (perhaps) come later. On the other hand in version 1.16.4 for the correction of the lens I have the recognition of my camera E-M5MarkIII whereas in the version of the software in continuous update, I only have E-M5MarkII .
By the way, wouldn’t this be an unstable “white point” problem? Mystery … As the journalists say “And the case rebounds with increased intensity” :slight_smile:
------------------fr------------
J’ai essayé avec la version 1.16.4 je n’ai pas constaté de problème de couleurs sur les vignettes. Mais ça peut (peut-être) venir après. Par contre dans la version 1.16.4 pour la correction de l’objectif j’ai bien la reconnaissance de mon appareil photo E-M5MarkIII alors que dans la version du logiciel en mise à jour en continue, je n’ai que E-M5MarkII.
Au fait, ne serait-ce pas un problème de “point blanc” instable ? Mystère … Comme disent les journalistes " Et l’affaire rebondie avec une intensité accrue" :slight_smile:

I suspect this might be a compiler issue. Recent versions of GCC have been known to miscompile RT/ART in the past. There were some attempts at identifying what optimization flags were responsible for the miscompilation, but maybe the workarounds are not enough in all cases. What compiler are you using? Can you attach your AboutThisBuild.txt file?
Thanks!

AboutThisBuild.txt (572 Bytes)

So it’s even simpler than that… You are not building with libraw, but you are relying on the internal raw decoder. That is deprecated and won’t be updated anymore… Try rebuilding with libraw enabled and see if the problem goes away.

HTH

I will see that.

I use this method made by Caraffife.

https://bitbucket.org/carafife/artherapee/downloads/

I added the command cmake -DENABLE_LIBRAW=“ON” \ to the Caraffife build-art script. Everything went well when compiling. I will see if the thumbnails remain correct in color. Thanks for your help.
---------------fr----------------------
j’ai ajouter la commande cmake -DENABLE_LIBRAW=“ON” \ au script build-art de Caraffife. Tout s’est bien passé à la compilation. Je verrai si les vignettes restent correctes en couleurs. Merci de ton aide.