ART new releases

Hello @agriggio

Damn GTK+ versions :frowning:

Mystery solved: I was wondering what was the meaning of those numbers (1 - 1) :slight_smile:

This being said this new option works great in that I can select the range for my date (mininum date - maximum date) to filter my images in that interval.

Btw, I have downloaded this build: ART_1.4_W64_Skylake (by gaaned92)

If you use the installer, I have fixed it there. I might release a version 1.4.1 just for this, it’s annoying…

Hello everyone,

Just noticed right now that with ART 1.4 (Windown 10 - 64 bit) it is not possible to rotate the images 90° in the File browser.
With RawTherapee 5.8 I can select more images in the File Browser and rotate them all together with the buttons (icons on the right).

Is it a feature or a “bug” ?

See this screenshot:

It has always been like that, since 0.1

Hello Alberto,

It has always been like that, since 0.1

Yep. I know…
However, in all truth, I have never understood whether it was a bug…

I have gathered one of the goal of ART is to give its users only the most “important” features of RawTherapee (sorry to simplify like that because ART also adds new interesting options…).
However, I can not understand why it is no longer possible to select more images with the mouse, in the File Browser, and rotate them with the corresponding buttons (icons - 90°) on the toolbar?
It was extremely fast and intuitive with RawTherapee, IMHO…

1 Like

It’s not a bug. Batch editing was removed because it added a lot of complications in the code for little benefit. You can still apply, copy and paste (selectively) processing profiles to multiple images from the file browser. If you routinely want to batch rotate pictures, just create a processing profile that only applies the required rotation and batch apply it to all the images you want.

Hello Alberto,

Batch editing was removed because it added a lot of complications in the code for little benefit

I see :slight_smile:

In all truth, I am really happy about the direction you have taken with ART when you have “forked” RawTherapee…
This being said, I am also grateful that many options are still available with RawTherapee (e.g. the Batch editing where rotating more images with buttons is more intuitive for new users, imho).
It is great to have more options (softwares) and this is the beauty of the open source software!

In conclusion, thans a lot for releasing ART.
It is indeed an amazing piece of software and quite feature-complete in my view.

2 Likes

Tried 1.4, really nice!

1 Like

Yes very very nice !

1 Like

Just wanted to add my thanks for ART. I was completely unaware of the ‘fork’ :blush:, until a few days ago - despite having been a user of Rawtherapee for years.

I downloaded and installed the ART program, and was really impressed. The program has been simplified (compared to RT) to JUST the right degree IMHO, and you’ve also added some features which I find really useful.

In short, I think you’ve done an absolutely superb job with this program. :+1:

7 Likes

Just wanted to report what appears to be a bug that I’ve encountered in the ART program.

Exported TIFs and JPEGs are missing the following EXIF data:

• ISO
  • Exposure program
  • Metering mode
  • Focal length

The first three of these are simply empty (no data, at all), while the Focal length is usually empty, but just occasionally, it reports the Focal length as “1mm”. Now… my kit does include a couple of lenses which are wide-ish, but I certainly don’t have anything quite THAT wide!! :grinning:

For reference, this problem does not happen when I export from Rawtherapee, so something seems to have changed (perhaps inadvertently), in ART.

I hope that this is the right place to report bugs, but if there’s somewhere more appropriate on the forum, please let me know, and I’ll report it there. Thanks.

Hi,
reporting here is ok (though the issue tracker on bitbucket is preferred), but I need more info to see what is going on: ideally a raw+arp sidecar that make the problem reproducible. Would you be able to share those?
Thanks!

Thanks @agriggio… I’ll find an example, and send you the relevant raw+arp+jpeg files.

Is there a PM facility on here, or is it done by e-mail?

Thanks. just click on my username here and you should be able to send me a direct message

Problem now solved. Thanks @agriggio!

hello Alberto, I don’t know if this feature exists, and if so, I didn’t find it …
Is it possible to automatically generate a file name modification on export, which would include the name of the corresponding snapshot?
or is there a way to do this using a script?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
This is currently not possible, sorry. It does make sense to have, but I have to think whether it’s easy to implement with the current architecture – I suspect it might not be trivial…

1 Like

Thought you might like to see that your work and efforts are shared and appreciated…

4 Likes

@agriggio Alberto I have started to use ART quite a bit lately and I was wondering if a color picker would be good in the local edit for Color/Tone. The color wheel is great and you can guess the direction to go but it might be nice to visually be able to place a selected color on the screen and have it displayed in the wheel. Also it is really nice to scroll the film strip while editing but an option for a single click to open a new image rather than double would be nice. It seems like a small thing but it just seems faster…unless you single click on the thumb in the film to activate something else??

Edit I see that you can click on ratings etc in the thumbs…I didn’t know…nix the single click …

Hi,
the single-click is not going to happen, sorry… it’s just too easy to do single-click and change picture accidentally. However, having a pipette for the color wheel would be useful indeed. I will think about it, thanks!