ART new releases

Thanks ya I went back and found that there were clickable elements in the film roll…that’s very useful

You have something like that in the vector scopei

yes, also in curves… it’s not that I don’t know how to do it at all, but I need to think about how to do it “right” :slight_smile:

Well if you pick a point on the image the color mask grabs the hue/color data… maybe just leverage a version of that code as for display Picture window pro uses a system I will send you a link just for an idea

Jonathan Sachs does it this way with Picture WIndow…its pretty intuitive and you can change multiple points…hovering on the cube gives you a read out of the current current hue. The primarys and white point are shown. It looks like this…then I will include one with some changes …he shows the movement with a line and arrow…the tool is maskable as well. He also uses double sliders in his software…on slider is opacity on the masked region and one controls the effects on the non masked region so you can fine tune the application…its clever… image

When you select a point (my cursor doesn’t show I selected under the window) it shows as a square not a circle and the edits show as lines and arrows image Shown is the result of moving the WP and a couple of the primaries away from the corner node the lines to indicate the changes…so maybe something like that on your wheel , ie a small square for the selected point and if possible the line and arrow but added from the selected point rather than globally…so you could indicate with the square. Drag it for a targeted adjustments or use the square as a reference to do a global edit as the tool does now by dragging from the middle…or some version of this type of thing…just food for thought… image

Anyone finding v.1.6.1 crashing?

It has happened several times: the program just shuts down, without warning. I’ve not been doing any different processing activities than I was doing before (with v1.6), but something seems to have gone slightly awry.

Just throwing this out to see whether it’s something related to my computer, or perhaps, a wider problem.

What os? Self-compiled or downloaded from the website? Which version if downloaded? (E.g. the “official” one or one of @gaaned92’s optimized builds…)? Thanks!

Thanks @agriggio - it’s running under Win 10 Pro 64.

It’s not the self-compiled version, and since I was unaware of the gaaned92 version that you mentioned, I presume that it must be the “official” version. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everybody, I’m planning to release version 1.7 before Christmas. Here are the main news:

• improved usability of the brush mask, now strokes are smoother (you can go faster and still get a continuous stroke) and if you have a drawing tablet the brush radius and/or its hardness can be made pressure-sensitive
  • added support for lens correction parameters embedded in EXIF metadata (stolen from here but adapted to work with exiftool)
  • improved batch renaming, now supporting also moving to different directories
  • added support for Fuji GFX 100 pixel-shift files (both 4- and 16-frame), in combination with the make_arq tool.
  • added support for using the “fast float” plugin of LCMS2 for (significantly) faster color space conversions
  • plus various bug fixes

If you have a chance of testing it during next week, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

8 Likes

Version 1.7 is out now. Contrary to my initial plan, I decided to take out the support for the “fast float” LCMS plugin, because I was observing some strange behaviour when working in (what LCMS calls) unbounded mode. Since color management is quite an important component of a raw processor, I decided to stay on the safe side and not use the fast float plugin until I manage to figure out what is going on (or I more likely, until I can steal some working code from somebody else).

Anyway, the source tarball and a windows installer are already available in the downloads page. The AppImage will be uploaded as soon as it is ready (most likely tomorrow).

Thanks to all the people who helped!

9 Likes

What was the behavior?

It’s clipping when it should not – probably user error

In this special case I don’t agree about the likelihood, because it was my intention the steal it from art :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s not always evident that the input and output profiles both meet the floating point requirement to tell LittleCMS to do the transform unbounded. Any V4 profile will work, but not all (not many, IMHO) V2 profiles will work.

@agriggio Thank You a lot for the hard work and the new release.
Happy Xmas to everybody.

1 Like

Looks good here. A Happy Christmas to all and a big thanks to @agriggio and everybody who has shared their skills and time to make such a great piece of software.

1 Like

ART_master_1.7-1-gf7b47b103_W64 builds for haswell, skylake, zver2 and icelake architectures are available at

https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/ART-W64NightlyBuilds/

3 Likes

Thanks for 1.7.1 Alberto!

A thumbnail display bug re cropping jpgs has been fixed, but there’s a bit of glitch here on 2 CR2s in both the film strip and then file browser, where the crop preview on the thumbnail is not quite right:

. CR2 and ARP here: IMG_2453.CR2 (28.1 MB) IMG_2453.CR2.arp (11.2 KB)

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Happy Christmas to all from Derbyshire, UK.

Hi,
Try clearing your cache and see if that helps

1 Like