ART new releases

Hi Alberto, How to get the data for 1.8.1 as from download we get actually the 1.8.1-1 version. Is there a way from the commit to get 1.8.1 ?
Many tanks
SM

yes, you should checkout the revision tagged 1.8.1.

Yes, I see the 1.8.1 tag but when I download in fact I get the 1.8.1-1
I don’t know how to download directly from the tag

I think something like git checkout 1.8.1 should do…

As said @agriggio. Or you can also type git reset --hard 1.8.1 I think.

Sorry for ignorance, but where should I type the line ?

Assuming you’re compiling from bitbucket source, type this command from the ART source folder (the one which contains .git folder)

Voila le retour de la commande dans dossier qui contient le dossier .github
serge@serge-pc:~/agriggio-art-e6275eef09a0$ git reset --hard 1.8.1
fatal: ni ceci ni aucun de ses répertoires parents (jusqu’au point de montage /) n’est un dépôt git
Arrêt à la limite du système de fichiers (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM n’est pas défini).

Looking at “agriggio-art-e6275eef09a0” I think it is certainly not the location of the ART repository as the name contains a commit hash.
You cloned ART from bitbucket repo somewhere in your PC. Go at this location (cd “location”) then type the command @sguyader indicated. It should work.

What I did, was to download from : agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket
the file : aggrgio-art-e6275ee6275f09a0.zip on my home repository and extract here. I got the corresponding folder. In this folder I got the .github. I open a console in the folder and type the command.
The ~/ means it is my home directory where is located the extracted folder.
I hope I am able to explain as clearly as possible what I have been doing.

Then you are good, no need to play with git (not GitHub, that’s a different thing). It’s the correct version for 1.8.1

So even if I got after ./build-art a 1.8.1-2 version ?

Hi,
Why don’t you use the “official” source tarball from agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket ? What’s wrong with that?

You are right, I already tried it but the result, is the same. After ./biuld-art I got the 1.8.1-2 version.
Don’t worry I will manage with this.

I think build-art is checking out the master from git every time. It’s good for building the first time, but then forget about it. If you have the source tarball, just compile with cmake as described in rawpedia.

HTH

Sorry to butt in, but…

How does this differ from agriggio / ART / Downloads — Bitbucket with the ART-1.8.1.tar.xz.

That’s the link that I found from:

Thanks

no difference in the source code. Actually, the “official” tar is better because it contains the proper info to display the correct version number in the window title. Other than that, they are functionally identical.

I downloaded and compiled: https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/src/ART-1.8.1.tar.xz

and I got:

Version: 1.8.1
Branch: master
Commit: e6275eef09a0
Commit date: 2021-02-11
Compiler: cc 7.5.0
Processor: x86_64
System: Linux
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.2
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Exiv2: V0.27.3
LCMS2: V2.9
Build type: Release
Build flags:  -std=c++11  -Werror=unused-label -fno-math-errno -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags:   
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: OFF
Build OS: Linux
Build date: 

Which one is the “official” tar?

Thanks

I’ve just edited the main wiki page to clarify this. Hopefully this is settled now…

Good day all. I absolutely love this adaptation of the software, to the point of never using Rawtherapee anymore. I’m currently using version 1.7.1 as an appimage. Are there any plans to release an appimage of version 1.8?