Artistic, or just hopeless? A challenging file from a 17 year old camera.

I took this the other day with my Pentax K10D. Not really a great shot, but I liked the pattern of light coming through the cracks in the old barn. The camera (with 70-300mm) was wedged against the gate/door at the entrance to stabilise it - 1/13th shutter speed, f4, ISO400 and 70mm…
I was inspired to post this by this thread: EOS 1D Mk1 (22 Years Old, 4.18MP) vs EOS 6D Mk1
My camera isn’t as old, but it is showing its age a little!
I’d like to see what you can do with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

IMGP0441.PEF (8.4 MB)
IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (9.5 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

7 Likes

I love it. I really can’t know how light it was inside, but this is what I came up with. dt 4.2

IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (7.3 KB)

4 Likes

My version…

IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (14.3 KB)

3 Likes

I love b/w, and I love the square format (it reminds of medium format).
So, this is what I came up with

IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (13.7 KB)

4 Likes

IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (8.9 KB)

1 Like

IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (24.4 KB)

The Pentax K10D was my first DSLR back in 2007 an I still have five of them :slight_smile:
The JPEG engine is rather weak, so shooting and processing RAW is quite rewarding.

1 Like

Thanks!
@Tim, it was dark. I like your version!
@dqpcoxeas very nice
@MarkusW I was hoping someone would do a BW version. :+1:
@lightlover thanks too! A little less saturated than some which works well.

@2N3055 interesting! I like it - the greeny-flare flare around the light coming it almost feels like the halation on Cinestill or somthing - just a different color! A little question for you - NPN or PNP? :wink:

2 Likes

NPN of course😀. Back in the 80s, it was the obvious choice for building power supplies and the like.

3 Likes

Ha! Yes, I’d already looked it up actually - 2N3055 - Wikipedia
It caught my attention immediately… although I didn’t know that actual number. :slightly_smiling_face:
Amateur radio is another hobby of mine, and I recently picked up a small set of storage drawers with happened to come with a whole stack of different 2N~~~~ transistors in it!
I need to sort through them…

For the heck of it, I decided to bring out some of the detail of the interior. Noise becomes an issue because of that. I used denoise (profiled) set to strength of 1.5 and default astrodenoise settings. Probably more could be done to tackle the noise. I also used raw chromatic aberration and the deprecated defringe module to tackle the chromatic aberration. This is one image that benefits from the defringe module.
IMGP0441.PEF.xmp (17.9 KB)
IMGP0441

1 Like