Cabin at the Swedish coast - and a spot I don't know how to remove

Great capture :+1: I like the edits so far, well done. Here is an alternative, high key low contrast version…

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (14.7 KB)

5 Likes

DT 4.0.0

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (7.5 KB)

1 Like

My play in GIMP. The Healing Brush makes it fairly easy to remove the offending head, or as I did here, make a selection and use the Heal Selection tool.
I am sure most viewers would never notice the head, but once you have seen it, it is very difficult to “unsee”!

3 Likes

The brightly lit white sand and white house tempted me to try a slightly overexposed, bright and minimalist version. The elements that contrast here are clear geometric lines of the house, fence and sea horizon against the sand, grass and clouds:

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (17,0 KB)

6 Likes

My version…

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (14.6 KB)

5 Likes

It is a beautiful picture, I’m more than just tempted to play with it further on.
Here a rather more extreme version:

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (20.1 KB)

6 Likes

What a pleasant scene! Thanks for sharing!

It took a while before I recognized that this thing is a head … it is wearing sunglasses :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
RT 5.9 dev and GIMP Heal Selection to remove the head.

DSC06078_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (18.7 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks to you all for the nice comments, good advices and beautiful image versions! The next days I will try it out (very busy …) - and I am fully convinced that I am now able to “remove the head” :slight_smile: . After that I will post my version …

Thanks again …

2 Likes

DSC06078_01.ARW.xmp (15.2 KB)

3 Likes

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (16.3 KB)

3 Likes

Have I already said, that I’m fascinated by this photography.
And have we talked about a monochrome version yet?

DSC06078_02.ARW.xmp (21.1 KB)

4 Likes

I wonder what version of darktable you’re using? The spot removal tool was deprecated a while ago because its functionality is duplicated in retouch

With ART 1.21 and GIMP

DSC06078.ARW.arp (11.7 KB)

Greetings. Roberto

6 Likes

You are of course right: I have still the deprecated name in mind. I am using darktable 4.4.2 on fedora workstaion 39 (loving it).

Hi all, thanks to your advices it was quite easy to get “rid of the head”! Without having seen the post of @Popanz my idea was also to go for BW. See below.

Really appreciate your ideas, beautiful images and advices - thanks!

5 Likes

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (15.1 KB)

3 Likes

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (12.6 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your image!

1 Like

DSC06078.ARW.xmp (12.9 KB)

2 Likes

i like your bright colours giving the scene calm peace …

1 Like