Call for testing: My Luminance HDR fork with a lot of speedups and reduced memory usage

A while ago I made a lot of speedups for tmos used in LHDR.
My fork currently is 35 commits ahead of LuminanceHDR:master, most of the commits being speedups.

Here’s an overview, measured using a 24 MPixel file on my rusty AMD FX8350 with 32 GB Ram:

master     my fork     memory usage reduced by

Drago                               11.8 s      0.3 s
Ferradans                           90.0 s     72.0 s     80 * width * height byte
Reinhard02 scales disabled           4.4 s      0.2 s     16 * width * height byte
Reinhard02 scales enabled           53.5 s      9.2 s     16 * width * height byte
Pattanaik local tonemapping off     60.6 s      1.5 s
Pattanaik local tonemapping on     299.3 s      6.5 s
Ashikhmin Eqn 2                     16.1 s      2.0 s      4 * width * height byte
Ashikhmin Eqn 4                     20.4 s      2.0 s      4 * width * height byte
Reinhard05                          23.2 s      0.6 s
Debevec hdr creator                  9.8 s      0.8 s      min(i, c) * 24 * width * height byte, where i is the number of input images and c is the number of cores

Windows builders find build instructions here

6 Likes

@gaaned92 @HIRAM, can you please make builds for Windows and Mac to get some tests?

outdated link removed

^ Here is a build for Mac of the master branch from your fork. :beers:

2 Likes

@HIRAM Thanks a lot for the Mac build :+1:

Edit
You can test

Luminance-HDR_master_v.2.5.1-174-gab883b7b_WinVista_64.exe
uploaded at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WXq-xT9EppRe6FLfslvZ21kWHzg-aUmy

@heckflosse
1- why libcfitsio-3.dll is needed now?

2- could you add after line 170 of luminanceHDR/build_files/platforms/msys2/WindowsInnoSetup.iss.in

Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libcfitsio-3.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

1 Like

Don’t know :frowning:

Can you post the changes as patch or pr please?

diff --git a/build_files/platforms/msys2/WindowsInnoSetup.iss.in b/build_files/platforms/msys2/WindowsInnoSetup.iss.in
index 252b58a8..71b8ecf2 100644
--- a/build_files/platforms/msys2/WindowsInnoSetup.iss.in
+++ b/build_files/platforms/msys2/WindowsInnoSetup.iss.in
@@ -168,6 +168,7 @@ Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libxslt-1.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversi
 Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libbz2-1.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
 Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libintl-8.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
 Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libpcre-1.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
+Source: "{#MySourceLibsDir}\libcfitsio-3.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

;Source: "gdb.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: skipifsourcedoesntexist ignoreversion
 ; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files
1 Like

@gaaned92 I pushed your patch to my fork.

@gaaned92 @heckflosse cfitsio deals with the FITS astrophotography format optionally supported in LHDR.

Cmake should be issuing a warning if you don’t have it as a reminder.

Thanks for information
I was surprised because I never noticed the requirement for cfitsio in my previous builds and I don’t remember having installed that in MSYS2

FITS support was added to LHDR 4.5 years ago.

As @Hombre and I now got push access to the official Luminance HDR repository we merged a lot of stuff into the master branch.

As I don’t need my fork anymore, I will delete it soon. So please don’t build from it. All the speedups and other stuff now are in official master branch.

3 Likes

https://filebin.net/3qr3126sa79lndfg/Luminance_HDR_2.5.2-SNAPSHOT-Test1j.dmg

^ Latest mac build from LuminanceHDR/master
1 Like

I have compiled an earlier version of LuminanceHDR, and I need to use the luminance-hdr-2.5.0-qtwebkit.patch patch file as version of linux does not have QtWebEngine.

This patch file does not not seem to work with your current version and does not seem to have been updated for 11 months. Or maybe I am running it incorrectly.

/test/LuminanceHDR-master$ patch -p1 < luminance-hdr-2.5.0-qtwebkit.patch
patching file CMakeLists.txt
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 53.

I would prefer to get rid of that patch file. Can you try without applying the patch and show the log file?

Ingo,

Here is the command line output from the build

I don’t see the output

Ingo,

What other output do you want. The compilation fails, I have the console messages from the build, and I have attached the cmake log ?

regards

David

Luminance-HDR_master_v.2.5.1-194-g68aa044b_WinVista_64.exe

built from Luminance HDR repository is uploaded at

https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/LHDR64/

1 Like

Where?