[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Aha - so a large stone-faced superhero, sleeping on the side of his face whilst the tide rises? Let’s hope he wakes before drowning!

2 Likes

I wanted to be a smart ass and say “This is not a duck, it’s a goose - an egyptian goose!”.
But luckily I informed myself. I had to learn, that the egyptian goose belongs to the subfamily Tadorniae, in German “Halbgänse” of the family ducks. This is the evidence:

If you want to learn more visit English - DUCKOMENTA - in ducks we trust.
You may also look for anas mensura mundi.

11 Likes

If it looks like a duck…

2 Likes

On my way to work.

11 Likes

Totally missed that. I saw the sideways photo and immediately held my head sideways.

I am elGroot.

4 Likes

Two days old… Too old? :wink:

10 Likes

Really enjoying photographing buildings in infrared at the moment…

12 Likes

28 Likes

Pizza Express
Shots taken 17.00
Stopped for frozen pizza on way home
Wapped in oven 19.30. 180degrees
imported, edited, exported, posted 20.10

gotta go rescue the pizza…
play to follow

4 Likes

looks like a nice capture to play with…

Ploumanach I presume?

1 Like

oops wrong image
heres the 1st edit

5 Likes

Winner!

Found a 5 megapixel Olympus E-1 and a couple of kit lenses for £70 and couldn’t resist trying it out for fun. Not much room to crop and easily blows out the highlights.

16 Likes

Aah! My first digital system camera. I still miss its form factor with the viewfinder moved to the left of the camera body, (keeps the nose out of the way of the camera). Why did Olympus not continue with this digital approach to the design instead of reverting to a traditional form commanded by the physics of analog film?

Many users praised the colors of the Kodak sensor, in particular the blues - relevant to JPEGs …

Nice. I like that design, too. Feels comfortable when holding it with one or both hands. Has a solid body with a pro-feel but without the cinder-block carry of a Canon 1D. It’s quite deep compared with modern mirrorless, something to do with the flange distance, I think. I haven’t tried the JPEGs.

[Edit: Doh! It’s not mirrorless, of course]

21 Likes

16 Likes

Wow, composition and lighting rocks ! Compelling image.
The green plant looks funny though, a miss detail in the exposure mask ?

Love the strange silhouette withe the small wheel bicycle and the horizon aligned with its neck… will his helmet smash these boats ?

Some more with the E-1 around the neighbourhood

18 Likes