[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Schéissentëmpel revisited

6 Likes

Earlier this week, on the way back from work, walking by the Limmat.

5 Likes

Even withered flowers can be colourful :slight_smile:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden
Withered flower 'tog™ strikes again!

8 Likes

Looks wonderful, maybe one day :smiley: I have a friend living and working near Edinburgh so it ends up becoming a little easier.

Yes of course :slight_smile: In the end it’s a very personal and subjective thing.

1 Like

From my attempt to photograph dragonflies today.

20 Likes

Nice ! The color association/contrast is lovely and the 45° of the twigs/weeds across the frame is cool. I like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Got this spooky photo of the full moon through some clouds last night. D7500 and 200-500, darktable 4.2

12 Likes

Talking about spooky … this is, what the codling moth is doing here in trees and bushes. :disappointed_relieved:

… and something to clean up the eyes, ein Heckenröschen

Both pictures taken on a walk yesterday.

edit: selected the wrong picture on export

7 Likes

On the way to the Cíes Islands with fog…

9 Likes

From the last railcar work session:

the Big Heads of Woodworking convene over the mortising of the new outer sill…

Of note, in my recent post
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/capture-challenge-charge-your-battery-and-take-some-photos/31798/882
I neglected to relate a battery incident. On Thursday we were working on the flatcar, and the site leader came running out yelling, “Grab your cameras! #168 is coming to switch stuff!” And so we did, meeting the locomotive at the head of our little railyard. This was something, as #168 is a high-stepping passenger locomotive, not made for rough-and-tumble car switching. And so the crew proceeded to extract a caboose out of our collection, then proceed down the woodshop track to retrieve a cold #315, a somewhat larger locomotive. Then, with #315 on it’s front coupler and the caboose on the rear, little #168 trundled it’s merry way down to the railroad’s main yard, slipping a little on the curve. And just prior to that, my battery ran out! Two fully-charged batteries in my car, too far away to retrieve either before the spectacle was no more… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Maybe the rants about darktable being bloated were onto something, I can’t get it to run well on my new machine here. It might also be because the CPU is still computing SSH keys after 45 minutes but I don’t think that’s it. I’m filing a bug report on github. /s

8 Likes

oh - long time no see!

You’ve got an extra slot, just add some memory, will be fine… :laughing:

1 Like

A window on the other side of the street was tilted just enough to reflect a slice of evening sun into our kitchen. Just long enough to grab the camera and shoot.

Still life with IKEA plastic.

22 Likes

Down memory lane :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

A DX2, what are you complaining about?

Anecdote: one of the crew at the company cafeteria was comparatively slow, and this gained him the nickname of “SX”.

2 Likes

15 Likes

@ThomasM There is a light at the end of the tunnel. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

7 Likes