[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Experiment in black (and white).

X-T4, Hexanon 52mm/1.8, and darktable

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

12 Likes

Thank you for so much :heart: love :heart:.
Un saĆŗdo.

2 Likes

X marks the spot, I guessā€¦ Maybe I need to check in a few minutes and verify my neighborā€™s house is still there! LOL :laughing:

(cellphone shot)

10 Likes

Three from a mid-week outing at Kisatchie Bayou Campground, near Natchitoches, Louisiana US. And unless youā€™re from the area youā€™ll probably have trouble with those names! (except for @ggbutcher LOL)

The road ever goes on, according to JRRT

Looking downstream

The cycle of (autumnal) life

All shot with my Canon T8i / Sigma 17-70, processed in ART 1.16.4.1 and (minimally) Affinity Photo 2.

16 Likes

@lphilpot Shows that you donā€™t need an expensive kit to take good photos. One minor quibble is the first two images appear to be leaning to the left. Perhaps, it is just how the trees are.

1 Like

@afre thanks and yes, the trees are leaning outward. Not that Iā€™ve never taken distorted photos but not this time. :slight_smile:

[edit] At least I had the built-in level flat. The trees there are kinda all over the placeā€¦

1 Like

Beautiful images, Lenā€¦

Probably the most important lesson Iā€™ve learned photographing parts of Colorado is that the grandeur really isnā€™t necessary to capture excellent imagesā€¦

Regarding Kisatchie, in my youth I craved altitude and vertical terrain, and Kisatchie National Forest was the closest place for me to jones that. All of 54 feet MSL, IIRC. Funny, I never made it there before I left the state for the Air Forceā€¦

1 Like

Thanks!

Iā€™d also add that grandeur isnā€™t a guarantee of a good image, either. Iā€™ve proven that too many times. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Even for the best photographers, there are good ā€“ even spectacular ā€“ settings that just donā€™t make a good photograph.

Itā€™s kind of fun to see what I can realistically pull from what I shoot in terms of color, feel, etc. Iā€™m not trying to go overboard, just to pull out whatā€™s hopefully latent in the image.

Given my learning-mode editing ā€˜skillsā€™. Iā€™m getting a better (but still far from complete) understanding of what the buttons, sliders and such literally do, but Iā€™m still very much working on the ā€˜techniqueā€™ side of things: Which slider / workflow / approach is more appropriate for each image (type), etc.

2 Likes

First snow this season.

snow
X-T4, XF27

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

12 Likes

SchƩissendƫmpel, Luxembourg

11 Likes

We had also some snow here this weekend :+1:

14 Likes

I applaud the way you resisted the urge to do a long exposure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Itā€™s because Iā€™ve done lots of them in the past :grin:

1 Like

Didnā€™t we allā€¦ (** smashes his ND64 filter **)

2 Likes

A day at the races.

Photos taken yesterday :+1:

4 Likes

I was trying to get one of those ā€œpeek above the grassā€ shots but he never lookedā€¦ Was too interested in his food :rofl:

15 Likes

Iā€™m back in an office 5 x 8 but itā€™s still mostly empty. Rather institutional here but I do enjoy these old mid-century buildings for whatever weird reason

8 Likes

I particularly like the first one. It makes one wonder who sits in the empty chairā€¦ actually I suppose that might be you!

Having worked in IT before retirement, thatā€™s a common sight ā€“ An empty office / cubicle before or after a move. While I was usually on the non-desktop (infrastructure) side of the house we assisted with mass moves more than a few timesā€¦ all hands on deck!

My office is actually across the hall from that cube, I spent a year in a cube farm after we got brought back from COVID. Although my building is much older now but Iā€™ve got windows that open in my office. Plus these old school bathrooms are cavernous. Hardly anyone on this floor as this building is set to be demolished or remodeled soon. I feel like the newer buildings are just stamped out of plastic. These mid century state buildings are made to last.

Hmm, Boomers filled with lead paint and asbestos, us millennials and the zoomers filled with microplastics and PFAS. Maybe we have more in common than we think.

4 Likes