[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

You ran towards the camera with a lamp on your head?

Your first guess was a lot closer… :grinning:
I’ll reveal the real solution in an hour or two I think!

Hi
Passing car threw a shadow of your car?
30 sec? Must have been going at quite the clip to light up that hill…
Then again not much star trails, 10 - 12mm lens?

1 Like

Some car driver thought you are a speed camera and did an emergency stop?

Exactly my thoughts as well :smiley:.

1 Like

@chris No… :rofl: fortunately! Good idea though… :wink:
@jimd You’re close too…
@Claes
@lphilpot

What I did was this…
I stopped my car on the left of the road and walked back 20m or so to set up the tripod and camera. The lens was set at 33mm (just checked the exif data) so equivalent to ~50mm on my aps-c sensor. 800iso, f5 and 30sec.

So the camera was seeing the scene with my car in the frame, lighting up the road… I set the 10second self timer, pushed the shutter, dashed back to the car, wasted a few precious seconds looking back to see of the self timer light was flashing on the camera, started the engine and put my foot down!
The 30sec exposure started just after I started moving - the red squiggle is as I pulled off the grass verge onto the road. Why only one red squiggle? Only one taillight was working :neutral_face:
It had failed earlier the same day… I need to fix it!
That car (a four wheel drive) is not very fast - but it looks like I just got to the bend before the exposure finished. You can see the light trails end just before the corner if you zoom in.
I had to drive a bit further up the hill before I could turn around safely, then I just had to drive back to the camera. I was starting to have visions of another car coming past and smashing my camera :grimacing: it was only just off the edge of the road.
But nobody came past at all until I was just about to move off myself.

3 Likes

Strictly following the rules, today I went to the streets to randomly capture something.
Then I saw this group of people urging the military to takeover the government and “save Brazil”. They belong to a significant part of the population who doesn’t accept their candidate’s defeat for presidency.
They’re symbolically camped in front of the Eastern Military Command headquarters.
Not beautiful pictures, but they document something.

Talking about beautiful pictures, this thread has become quite a showcase! Congrats to all amazing photographers in the forum!

14 Likes

This is awesome

…a friendly horse I met a few days ago:

14 Likes

Thank you!

Earlier today… my battery was charged! (it usually is…)

I did a B&W version too but in the end liked this one better.

14 Likes

Black and white photography is a profession in its own right I think.
Color photos are my preference, especially if there are flowers in the image that is recorded… nature is at its best with color, right?

2 Likes

The light, the fog, the shadow.

32 Likes

Lovely photo :+1:

1 Like

14 Likes

Took a few foggy pictures today, here is one …

29 Likes

Very good!!!
Well…another photo of fog. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

21 Likes

More fog, from this morning :grin:

16 Likes

Great sunrise and sunsets that we are enjoying these days

25 Likes

Yeah that’s a winner! Nice capture.

3 Likes