[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

'tis only a flesh wound! :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely some apparent speed progress since the last time.

1 Like

Ha! Yes, it is a bit like that… now you mention it!

Yep, it was lovely. There was a substantial smoke haze from a planned burn somewhere in the area giving extra atmosphere.

:open_mouth: :wink:

Thanks for the reminder! Yes, it’s a fine balance I find - that I haven’t perfected - between showing the speed and maintaining sufficient sharpness… :slight_smile:

Well, I wondered. I see you are using 1/400s on both occasions. Slightly longer exposure would produce blurry wheels and increase the pan effect. On the other hand a very short exposure could freeze the dirt projections et make it look more intense. (but you have ti use an angle where you don’t see the wheels too much).

1 Like

Yup, exactly. The first action shot in this latest post was on 1/200, and in hindsight that’s quite nice. But at the time I felt there was too much blur, and it was also reducing my keeper rate to concerning degree. So I went back up again. :smile:
Didn’t realise it was the exact same speed as the previous occasion if I’m honest - I alway tend to trial and error and a few test shots panning the expected route of the cars before hand.

Took my car to be serviced near one of my regular haunts: took an online meeting in the shopping mall, then grabbed a takeaway coffee and took a stroll around the nearby lake:

10 Likes

Light reflections on small waves

This one was a bit difficult: a red kite in a clear and bright sky

Including development +5EV to see more than a dark shadow, and than I darkened the sky a bit, it would be plain white otherwise and hurting one’s eyes.

11 Likes

Some post-sunset color on Valentine Lake near Gardner, Louisiana. Earlier in the day there was promise of a good sunset (i.e., more varied and certainly better looking clouds) but that went away when cirrus moved in, as usual. This little bit of life was all that showed up much later.

I was tempted to raise the shadows in order to bring a little more detail and color into them, but it really killed the feeling so I left it alone. There’s a rather unsightly fishing pier just off-frame to the right which seriously limits viewing angle choice.

ART 1.21.1 and Affinity Photo

17 Likes

Beautiful! I think that would make a great print to hang on a wall.

4 Likes

Yeah, but then you’d see the mosquitoes! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nicely textured.

I find the details of the leaf also quite interesting, did not think that lens will do that on that 32mpix sensor.

Bit late to processing this

14 Likes

This is the river entrance. Ship are required to slow down.
I am fascinated by the texture of the wood and the rusty cables that bind them together.

5 Likes

When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger” vibes. I just love it.

2 Likes

When the guru raises his finger, the disciples claim to see the moon

1 Like

At my mom’s house in Louisiana for her 96th birthday. As Colorado is still in the throes of winter (total of about 20 inches of snow expected thru Friday), I was surprised to see the azaleas in bloom in the front yard:

Mom was lamenting the loss of a lot of her flowers over the past years, so I did a bit of inventory of current blooms:

Okay the last one is a weed, but it made a nice composition.

Her sago palm has died, but that only made for a nice monochrome:

Anyway, just a little play, on a cloudy day…

14 Likes

It was 85F today! Yikes… But it’s supposed to drop a fair amount in a day or so.

2 Likes

Hmm, didn’t go outside at all today, didn’t realize it. When he was still with us, Dad put in a commercial air conditioner; between that and about 5 layers of wall, don’t feel the outside…

1 Like

I kind of like this one, but don’t think it quite works either…

Asanuma 135mm at f2.8, Sony A7s, darktable.

15 Likes