[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Here’s an interesting correlation - https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world/expensive-car-drivers-study-scli-scn-intl/index.html

1 Like

Had it been me, I’d not have even noticed – as someone who shoots strangers ‘up close and personal,’ I get all sorts of different reactions.

Had to remind myself this is a photography forum, was worried for a minute.

1 Like

:laughing: Try to think a little more 'Martin Parr’ and a little less ‘James Bond.’ :laughing:

Always respectful and never immoral or illegal, I’m pleased to confirm. :blush:

1 Like

:rofl:

I can proudly say that my car cost about $3k AUD… does that mean I’m very friendly? :wink: :wink:

Zooming in, he may not have been standing next to the Porsche. I can’t decide.

1 Like

this looks like a Porsche to me (the car - not the girl)
google found the girl together with the car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQSBQ8djAZ7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

High above the mountains.
couldn’t quite deal with the gamut but this is a bit better than the other attempts to export.

20 Likes

30 Likes

I love the composition. Kudos.

1 Like

From today’s “Easter walk”.

8 Likes

Yummy. :wink:

As I mentioned in a Play Raw I just uploaded, I have a new-to-me (i.e. bought used from MPB) Canon EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens. It was grey and a bit windy but warm today and I was tired of sitting in the house… so what else to do but take a few marginal photos? :slight_smile:

ART 1.21.2, with a couple of little things cleaned up in AP 2

(6-stop ND filter)

13 Likes

6 Likes

Spring?
E1699

17 Likes

Springtime in the park

Early spring, still. Some trees are barely, if at all, leafed out. I wonder if the drought last summer affected them into the spring. But there’s plenty of green and yellow. It’s always interesting how beautiful things can be on a bright sunny day, but it’s a nightmare to shoot and try to process to a natural appearance. I got the greens more or less OK, but the yellows were much more isolated to the little flowers everywhere. However, I can’t quite bring out that kind of detail in these shots. Also, in the bright (literally noon time) sunshine, the green goes really yellow.

16 Likes

Wow, the latest batch is so awesome. Caught in a few days of heavy rain, wet snow and high winds, I cannot wait until the temperatures stay above 10°C.

1 Like

It reached about 22C here today. This is our forecast (sorry! :smiley: )

Screenshot_20240403-224929

But come July-Oct I’ll be ready to trade with you… :fire: :fire:

Better than ours…

The only good side is that we can save on sunscreen.

Lovely screenshots ahem, photos, you have got there.