Classic Chrome HaldCLUT like the X-T2 for RT

Hey would you mind reuploading this and the Velvia emulation somewhere? I’d really like to test those, but the links say they’re expired.

@sguyader - I’d be happy to host the files on the site (how big are they? They might be able to be uploaded directly into the forums…).

We can also throw them on github.

1 Like

@patdavid I put the pp3’s and HaldCLUT’s (in TIFF format, 9MB) on my Google Drive. Feel free to host them anywhere you like.
I may try to revisit these presets someday, now that RT has lockable color pickers it will make it easier for me.

1 Like

That may be a better point - @sguyader do you have a github acct? We can add you to the org there to push them.

Yes I have a GitHub account: sguyader (Sébastien Guyader) · GitHub

But I’m a GitHub beginner.

I made a repo for RT presets. Its empty, so you start from scratch :wink:

Also, so that @paperdigits doesn’t yell at me - can we assume you’re ok licensing these freely? I think I said CC0/CC1.0/Public Domain on the ones I had already done. Is that ok with you?

Public domain!

A small suggestion: store only PP3s in a folder called PP3, and don’t ship full-blown PP3s if the purpose of the PP3 is to only do one thing, such as color tweaking - save a partial PP3 instead.
Sidecar Files - Processing Profiles
Creating processing profiles for general use
Processing Profile Selector - Fill and Preserve modes

Yes of course, I release them for Public Domain!
In my GitHub repo I added “GNU GPL 3.0” without really knowing what I do, but if it is too restrictive, I can remove the License completely.

The GPL is too restrictive for these, they should be public domain, such that people can use them as they please.

Ok, so I removed the License on GitHub.

To expand a bit: the GPL would require people to offer their changes back to the project r be in violation of the license. Since the pp3 will change every time someone uses it to process their photos, as they’ll add their own tweaks to get the desired resulting. Requiring them to contribute back would be a burden, mostly on you, but also on them.

Public domain places no such requirement on the user, they can contribute back to of they wish, but are not required to.

GPL definitely does NOT require people to offer their changes back. What it requires is that if they distribute a program under the GPL, they must also distribute the sources.

I think GPL is a poor choice in this situation and it certainly is not clear what is required; is using a processing profile and distributing the resulting jpeg a derived work? There are many questions I’d have like this.

If the profile is embedded in the jpeg then yes. If not, no.

@Morgan_Hardwood I didn’t see your last comment, I’ll try to make partial pp3’s, thanks for the tip.

@sguyader Sorry to revive a pre-historic thread, but would you be kind enough to provide details of how to do this, for someone how isn’t too clued-up on these things? :no_mouth:

I know what a HaldCLUT is, but what is an “Identity” HaldCLUT?
TIA.

https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Film_Simulation#How_It_Works
and
https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Film_Simulation#Make_Your_Own

1 Like