Color Test - Are Your Eyes Calibrated?

We talk about color a lot, we talk about calibrated screens, but how calibrated are your eyes?

Take the hue test:
http://www.xrite.com/hue-test?PageID=77&Lang=en

2 Likes

I should have first taken a stress test, then re-taken it afterwards after being relieved to find out that I’m ok :slight_smile:

Damn you win, I got 2!
But it was on my work monitor, that’s my excuse…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Same here. But 2 isn’t too bad. :smile:

I got two, but this gaming monitor is weak in the teal/purple, the three on each side looked the same.

Well, if we are allowed to brag :grin:
results
I’m glad that all those hours I spent calibrating my monitors were not completelly wasted :yum:

Two too :grinning:.

I had scripts blocked and was very surprised that everything looked fine from the beginning :open_mouth:.

Another two here, but with a strong set of excuses (strong daylight, cheap glossy monitor, in a hurry, with hangover, bla, bla …)

I wonder whether a hangover introduces a hue shift in a common direction among various individuals…

I don’t like this part of the spectrum anyway …

I had exactly the same result: 24-23. Seems common in our age. :grin:

Optimistic view: 29 is more than a half of my actual age. (But not much more.)

I have a 0, too.

Yes, that would generate a pink cast.

Two here also, with the “error segment” like Jacal’s. Would have been nice to see average scores.
@Elle, I think you should have a go!

I got a 0. To see the colors better I zoomed in.

Also the ambient light to my right and left is full spectrum - incandescent and window light, respectively. And I rested my eyes periodically as suggested by the surrounding text. Plus my monitor is a reasonably good monitor.

I suspect the monitor and also the ambient light have a lot to do with whether a person can distinguish all the hues.

This didn’t come to my mind, so it sounds to me almost like a subtle kind of cheating. On the other hand, I would be slightly disappointed, if you got something like 9 or so.

Be well!

0 for me. I blame my decent monitor that is freshly profiled. :slightly_smiling_face:

I got 0 too… using my not-really calibrated (I only tweaked the R,G,B gamma settings) laptop TFT screen. I’m quite surprised actually.

That’s why I mentioned that I zoomed in. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I have not such good eyesight, and I sit fairly far away (about 3 feet) from my monitor. So I zoom in for most websites that I visit. Otherwise I can’t read the words because the letters are too small.

1 Like