Could darktable use some financial support?

I would like to contribute to darktable, but at the moment I don’t have enough time to help through any of the contribution options listed here: GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer · GitHub. However, I would be able to donate some money to the project, for example, an amount similar to what I might otherwise spend on a proprietary raw processor.

I could not find any information about whether donations are currently possible, or whether this has already been discussed in the forum. Apologies if it has and this post is redundant.

The donation or sponsorship money could perhaps be used to pay some devs to work exclusively on darktable for a certain period of time, if that would be possible for them, of course. Alternatively, it could be used for any relevant expenses the community thinks would be useful — maybe even ads to promote darktable, though that’s just a silly idea.

I admit that I feel a bit anxious seeing the developers under pressure from community demands, while the community itself does very little to help the people who make the most to make darktable evolve. But please, let me know if my perception about this is off.

1 Like

There was a previous discussion about that: Is it possible to contribute with a donation to DT?

2 Likes

Thanks, I failed to find it.

Again, sorry if this post is redundant.

2 Likes