current OSX Build

have just updated, will check and then the next build will be done on Ventura

Thanks Martin @MStraeten

Thanks @kmilos. I didn’t spot that when I searched on GitHub.

Reproducible also with intel mac. Need to upgrade Xcode 14.1 commandline tools (just rc2 available) then macports to see if a build with Ventura compatible macports helps …

@MStraeten , I recently downloaded darktable 4 and noticed on my m1 Mac that the GPU was not being used. Also, in settings the OpenCL options are all showing as not activated.

Please check this thread Darktable 4-MacOS M1+OpenCL - #10 by hannoschwalm

Did you notice this issue? Some person at the end said that OpenCL was never used but I am sure I have seen it used on 3.8. I had also tuned the parameters so I clearly remember.

@MStraeten please ignore my message. I cleared my .cache folder and OpenCL started to work.

current master + sigmoid pr (New module: Sigmoid display transform by jandren · Pull Request #12642 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub ) & a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+719~g9ec4d3dce_x86_64.dmg
this build requires at least osx 10.15; don’t forget to backup …

Where do I find the cache folder? OpenCL does not run on my M1 Mac mini either. I’m curious if Darktable will run significantly faster.

It runs faster for sure. The cache folder is located in your user home folder. Enable view hidden files CMD+SHIFT+.

You will see a .cache folder and then under that darktable. There are things you might end up losing so please read the documentation before doing this. I think styles are stored under the .config folder so you are safe there.

Thank you. But that didn’t help with me. I simply deleted the entire contents of the directory.
I have never seen OpenCL running on a Mac under Darktable.

But I don’t use Darktable yet either. Check it out every few months.

This could become problematic in the future if Apple drops OpenGL and OpenCL

OpenCL is depreciated already, which is ironic because apple originally founded it. If darktable is important to you, Mac is not really the best platform, sorry.

1 Like

I know. This is also one of the main reasons why I haven’t seriously looked at Darktable so far.
I think it’s good that there is open source software.

even opencl is deprecated it’s not disabled. darktable runs ways faster on macs with dedicated gpu and opencl enabled :wink:

current master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.1.0+860~g64a61e52e_x86_64.dmg

Is sigmoid module included in this build?

It should be…

Yes, it´s included in this build.

1 Like

darktable-4.1.0+969~g0949cdbad_x86_64.dmg

2 Likes

darktable-4.1.0+1040~g2dad7098a_x86_64.dmg

2 Likes