current OSX Build

current 4.2.x branch + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet
darktable-4.2.0+65~ga4928057b_x86_64.dmg
this build uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my intel based ventura-system - so don’t forget to backup …

1 Like

darktable-4.2.0+86~g4eb0c97ea_x86_64.dmg
this build uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my intel based ventura-system - so don’t forget to backup …

2 Likes

darktable-4.2.0+103~gbb6925801_x86_64.dmg

1 Like

Any hope for an ARM build?

Not yet, the gtk3 macports build receipts doesn’t work on my m1 yet …
#66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts need to be completed first

1 Like

darktable-4.2.0+113~ge8ad7f4df_arm64.dmg
this build uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my m1 based ventura-system - so don’t forget to backup …

since this is my first arm64 build - with macos11.0 as target release - please give feedback if it works not just on ventura systems.

3 Likes

omg Martin Thank you so much ! Using the up/down arrows, although working, was just a pain…
I’ll test this right away on my M1 mbp !

Thanks again !

Hi! Thanks for responding so fast!

I downloaded the build and tried running it, but upon starting it says “darktable is damaged and can’t be opened”. Not sure how to help you debug this

I’m running Ventura 13.2

it’s an unsigned package, so you need to run it via right click > open

that’s exactly what I did, right click=>open. Won’t load

Thank you Martin. Ten out of ten.I can use the M1 Mini again because is so fast for Darktable.
Thanks again !

does this build open up for you?

Okay, I figured it out, terminal command " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> " resolved the issue for me. The build is working now, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Yes, no problems at all.

Works like charm on a MacBook Air M2 Ventura. Thanks!!

darktable-4.2.0+118~g6edec3c41_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.2.0+118~g6edec3c41_x86_64.dmg

these builds uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my ventura-systems - so don’t forget to backup …

2 Likes

Great on my 2017 Intel Mac, as always. Many thanks for all the work you do, Martin — very much appreciated!

Martin,

Thank you SO much for posting this. It was so frustrating trying to figure out how to use darktable with the mouse workarounds. They only work about half the time. I am so glad I came across your post.

Had to do the same trick here. Thanks !!

Hello and thanks so much for the regular builds.
Strange thing happened to me though. With the recent builds (all the 4.2 versions), I have a discrepancy between the exported jpg file and the darkroom view.
I started a thread here : Gamma/Saturation difference between DT and other apps on Mac - #8 by nwinspeare
Problem solved by rolling back to official release 4.2.0