current OSX Build

Pascal thank you for the response and also for all the great work with darktable

1 Like

working for me! thank you so much you just saved my ass big time

current 4.2.x branch + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet

darktable-4.2.1_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.2.1_x86_64.dmg (built on M1 for x86_64 architecture in a virtual machine - so try it before replacing you current installation)

it’s unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

these builds uses the final solution in gtk3 3.24.36 to fix macos13: presets menu doesn’t get focus for mouse actions · Issue #12727 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub . the gtk3 library was built using patches from #66487 (gtk3 menues broken with macos ventura - update needed) – MacPorts so the build was just checked on my ventura-systems - so don’t forget to backup …

this build also contains the patch to fix gtk3 3.24.36 colormanagement issue on macOS

if you’re using it on an intel mac, please give feedback if that build is fine - since I’m using a virtual machine to build it now it’s build with target macos 10.14.

Tried a quick RAW edit on my 2017, Intel i5 iMac + Ventura 13.2. Seems to work just fine. Thanks again, Martin!

Working on on iMac intel i7 OS 13.2.1. Thank you!

since darktable 4.2.1 is out now containing the gtk3 fixes to cope with ventura/colormanagement issue i’m switching over to upcoming 4.4 codebase

current 4.3.0 master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet

darktable-4.3.0+797~gd582e8bcd_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+797~gd582e8bcd5_x86_64.dmg

since there’re nightly builds for x86_64 yet (see darktable nightly builds for macOS) there might be no need for a further build here - since i don’t know if latest colormanagement patch is already integrated in homebrew gtk3 package used for nightly builds, please check and leave a note if this build is useful further

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccomendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

1 Like

Can you point to where is the 4.2.1 branch and where is the 4.3.0 branch, so that I can see the difference/improvements in the 4.3

have a look at: Commits · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub
since 4.2.1 is a bugfix release without new functions you can go back to mid of January when merging of 4.4 stuff started

1 Like

Hi,
I have been using the arm64 builds in this thread for a while now on my MacBook Pro M1 with Ventura. The 4.1-builds have been working fine, and today I finally got around to dowloading 4.2.1 (this is not my main machine). When I tried to open darktable I got a message that “darktable.app is damaged and can’t be opened. You skould move it to the Bin.”

I also tried the last 4.2.0 in this thread, same thing. What is going on?

my builds are unsigned, maybe xattr -c <path/to/application.app> helps

Thank you, that did it :slight_smile:

btw: the release notes for upcoming release are now updated regularly:

darktable-4.3.0+939~g266136fb47_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+939~g266136fb47_x86_64.dmg

since there’re nightly builds for x86_64 yet (see darktable nightly builds for macOS ) there might be no need for a further build here - since i don’t know if latest colormanagement patch is already integrated in homebrew gtk3 package used for nightly builds, please check and leave a note if this build is useful further

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccomendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

darktable-4.3.0+1132~g3ba6c154d8_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1132~g3ba6c154d8_x86_64.dmg

since there’re nightly builds for x86_64 yet (see darktable nightly builds for macOS ) there might be no need for a further build here - since i don’t know if latest colormanagement patch is already integrated in homebrew gtk3 package used for nightly builds, please check and leave a note if this build is useful further

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

2 Likes

darktable-4.3.0+1269~g079e6bc9dc_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1264~g5dc400801_x86_64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1263~g079e6bc9d_x86_64_10.14.dmg

starting with this build the support for macOS < 11.3 ends due to a new policy just to support the macOS versions also supported by apple since there’s no one in the team using that old macOS versions. So if you’re running darktable on 10.14 up to 11.2.x be aware no one will be able to reproduce and possibly fix issues specific to those macOS versions.
If there’s a demand for those builds, drop a note, so i can continue to update them as long as they are working :wink: (my macports installation in a virtual machine used to build these will be frozen to support 10.14 as long as it can be updated with deployment target 10.14 setting)

1 Like

Hi Martin

The link to
darktable-4.3.0+1264~g5dc400801_x86_64.dmg
isn’t a live link.

Any chance you could add the URL?

fixed

Thank you!

darktable-4.3.0+1380~g4c6d7b81d2_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1374~g4c6d7b81d_x86_64.dmg

so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

1 Like

darktable-4.3.0+1500~g60f80bf6b7_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1494~g60f80bf6b_x86_64.dmg

so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

1 Like