current OSX Build

Hi,
I have been using the arm64 builds in this thread for a while now on my MacBook Pro M1 with Ventura. The 4.1-builds have been working fine, and today I finally got around to dowloading 4.2.1 (this is not my main machine). When I tried to open darktable I got a message that “darktable.app is damaged and can’t be opened. You skould move it to the Bin.”

I also tried the last 4.2.0 in this thread, same thing. What is going on?

my builds are unsigned, maybe xattr -c <path/to/application.app> helps

Thank you, that did it :slight_smile:

btw: the release notes for upcoming release are now updated regularly:

current 4.3.0 master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet

darktable-4.3.0+939~g266136fb47_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+939~g266136fb47_x86_64.dmg

since there’re nightly builds for x86_64 yet (see darktable nightly builds for macOS ) there might be no need for a further build here - since i don’t know if latest colormanagement patch is already integrated in homebrew gtk3 package used for nightly builds, please check and leave a note if this build is useful further

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccomendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

darktable-4.3.0+1132~g3ba6c154d8_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1132~g3ba6c154d8_x86_64.dmg

since there’re nightly builds for x86_64 yet (see darktable nightly builds for macOS ) there might be no need for a further build here - since i don’t know if latest colormanagement patch is already integrated in homebrew gtk3 package used for nightly builds, please check and leave a note if this build is useful further

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccomendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md

2 Likes

darktable-4.3.0+1269~g079e6bc9dc_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1264~g5dc400801_x86_64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1263~g079e6bc9d_x86_64_10.14.dmg

starting with this build the support for macOS < 11.3 ends due to a new policy just to support the macOS versions also supported by apple since there’s no one in the team using that old macOS versions. So if you’re running darktable on 10.14 up to 11.2.x be aware no one will be able to reproduce and possibly fix issues specific to those macOS versions.
If there’s a demand for those builds, drop a note, so i can continue to update them as long as they are working :wink: (my macports installation in a virtual machine used to build these will be frozen to support 10.14 as long as it can be updated with deployment target 10.14 setting)

1 Like

Hi Martin

The link to
darktable-4.3.0+1264~g5dc400801_x86_64.dmg
isn’t a live link.

Any chance you could add the URL?

fixed

Thank you!

darktable-4.3.0+1380~g4c6d7b81d2_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1374~g4c6d7b81d_x86_64.dmg

so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

1 Like

darktable-4.3.0+1500~g60f80bf6b7_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1494~g60f80bf6b_x86_64.dmg

so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

1 Like

darktable-4.3.0+1630~g542980d7e9_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1624~g542980d7e_x86_64.dmg

3 Likes

darktable-4.3.0+1780~ge712cdcab6_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1774~ge712cdcab_x86_64.dmg

1 Like

darktable-4.3.0+1909~gc020b5fa04_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1903~gc020b5fa0_x86_64.dmg

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see darktable/RELEASE_NOTES.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

3 Likes

This is the most unstable release. I have experienced reboots and total freeze using the rotate and perspective module also DXO PureRaw 3 generated dng files the thumbnail is not generated and skull appears after little processing and gives error that it is not able to read the white balance from the file. This is initial reactions and probably more errors can appear after using other modules.

current 4.3.0 master + filmic v7 (not yet merged) + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet

darktable-4.3.0+1965~g710b80e947_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+1965~g616a3e7518_x86_64.dmg

from ansel pr:
Filmic v7 removes chroma preservation norms. The saturation parameter drives an user-defined mix between the former
max RGB chroma-preserving norm and the “no chroma preservation” mode:

• +50 % saturation is equal to the former max RGB chroma-preserving mode,
  • -50 % saturation is equal to the former no preservation mode (at constant hue and luminance),
  • 0 % is an equal mix of both (mean),
  • values beyond ±50 % are linear extrapolations.

In any case :

• saturation is forced at most the the original value (the algo is forbidden to resaturate),
  • hue is forced at the original value, gamut mapping is the same as before in Yrg.

The saturation parameter therefore controls only the amount of saturation bleaching,
especially on skin tones and skies.

3 Likes

Is this why you have to switch ‘colour science’ to ‘Filmic V7’ manually in filmic rgb’s options, and you have to turn on ‘enable highlight reconstruction’ manually?

Am I right in thinking — hoping! — these will become the defaults when it’s merged!

darktable-4.3.0+2027~g2b3d5ec05c_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+2027~g2b3d5ec05c_x86_64.dmg

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see darktable/RELEASE_NOTES.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

1 Like

This version has totally currupted my macos ventura. I started DT the main screen appeared with information dialogue about changes in the OpenCL setting and when I clicked button the system rebooted. But the system freezez after login, same in safe mode. even after re-installing the OS from recovery mode the system freezez after normal and safe mode login. That is the login screen will come and after giving the password the main screen will not appear but only the login screen will be there and the pointer will turn into a loading circle.