current OSX Build

new build darktable-3.1.0+590~g477646db1.dmg:

Downloaded and is working well in my old mac Pro 3.1 running High Sierra which can not profit anymore of openCl. On this system dt is very slow. Using -d perf it shows that it takes 96 secs to export to disk (as tif 32 bit float uncompressed) a standard photo from nikon D810 using a style that includes, other than the basic modules, denoise profiled, contrast equalizer, color balance and filmic.

For info, and since there are some discussions about dt speed, this morning a friend allow me to try dt on a new iMac i9 3.6 GHz, 32 Go DDR4, SSD 1 T, and Radeon Pro Vega 48. Same dt build, same image, same style, export took 5 secs!. This was with openCL active, I did not have time to try with openCL off.

Which mac system are you using for these current builds?

try OSX: compiling kernels for opencl for packaged darktable.app needs several attempts · Issue #2810 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub to enable openCL. Unfortunaltely it needs several attempts to build all kernels …

built with macbook pro & catalina with current macports and Xcode

Thank you for the information. Will look into that

new build darktable-3.1.0+650~g5d7f02ca0.dmg:

1 Like

new build darktable-3.1.0+710~gb61263c0d.dmg

1 Like

new build darktable-3.1.0+778~g38d7bdbd3.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+810~gdd6c2930e.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+820~ge926f1f13.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1048~gac8a95087.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1084~ga3dc993ba.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1266~g737735db9.dmg

Thanks, Martin.

Hi, working great with OS 10.13.6. Thank you!!!

new build with filmic RGB v4 - backup your darktable config directory since this changes presets and module version for filmic RGB:
darktable-3.1.0+1319~g2a013f90ba.dmg

new build with filmic RGB v4: darktable-3.1.0+1391~gbb2c7d4d87.dmg

1 Like

This update corrupted my database files. At the first launch I allowed it to upgrade the database and then nothing only few folders and pics were shown in the film roll

I restored the backup installed the previous build darktable-3.1.0+1319~g2a013f90ba.dmg added few folders which were created after my backup. now everything is fine.

My question is is there a tool to rebuild the database or we can be screwed if there is no backup or somehow the new build is unable to properly upgrade the database

i found current master quite reliable; i didn’t had database errors with my daily builds. I can remember a lighttable refresh error - after importing a directory the thumbnails were‘nt shown until switching to a different directory and back again.
Please file a bug report at Issues · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub with a detailed description of the error.
If the database is damaged, there’s no way back beside having a backup. It’s highly recommended to backup your darktable .config directory before using a development build of the software because there might be errors. These builds are intended to evaluate new features, find bugs, not for production

Hi, I also had a problem with this last build. It worked fine when I installed it, but when I closed and tried to open it again, it didn’t open anymore. I made a backup of my .config folder and tried to “downgrade” to an older build that I was using (before filmic v4), but for some reason now it also doesn’t open. Any ideias on how to make it work again?

try to start it via command line to see where the issue is.
/Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable -d all