current OSX Build

new build darktable-3.1.0+590~g477646db1.dmg:

Downloaded and is working well in my old mac Pro 3.1 running High Sierra which can not profit anymore of openCl. On this system dt is very slow. Using -d perf it shows that it takes 96 secs to export to disk (as tif 32 bit float uncompressed) a standard photo from nikon D810 using a style that includes, other than the basic modules, denoise profiled, contrast equalizer, color balance and filmic.

For info, and since there are some discussions about dt speed, this morning a friend allow me to try dt on a new iMac i9 3.6 GHz, 32 Go DDR4, SSD 1 T, and Radeon Pro Vega 48. Same dt build, same image, same style, export took 5 secs!. This was with openCL active, I did not have time to try with openCL off.

Which mac system are you using for these current builds?

try OSX: compiling kernels for opencl for packaged darktable.app needs several attempts Ā· Issue #2810 Ā· darktable-org/darktable Ā· GitHub to enable openCL. Unfortunaltely it needs several attempts to build all kernels ā€¦

built with macbook pro & catalina with current macports and Xcode

Thank you for the information. Will look into that

new build darktable-3.1.0+650~g5d7f02ca0.dmg:

1 Like

new build darktable-3.1.0+710~gb61263c0d.dmg

1 Like

new build darktable-3.1.0+778~g38d7bdbd3.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+810~gdd6c2930e.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+820~ge926f1f13.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1048~gac8a95087.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1084~ga3dc993ba.dmg

new build darktable-3.1.0+1266~g737735db9.dmg

Thanks, Martin.

Hi, working great with OS 10.13.6. Thank you!!!

new build with filmic RGB v4 - backup your darktable config directory since this changes presets and module version for filmic RGB:
darktable-3.1.0+1319~g2a013f90ba.dmg

new build with filmic RGB v4: darktable-3.1.0+1391~gbb2c7d4d87.dmg

1 Like

This update corrupted my database files. At the first launch I allowed it to upgrade the database and then nothing only few folders and pics were shown in the film roll

I restored the backup installed the previous build darktable-3.1.0+1319~g2a013f90ba.dmg added few folders which were created after my backup. now everything is fine.

My question is is there a tool to rebuild the database or we can be screwed if there is no backup or somehow the new build is unable to properly upgrade the database

i found current master quite reliable; i didnā€™t had database errors with my daily builds. I can remember a lighttable refresh error - after importing a directory the thumbnails wereā€˜nt shown until switching to a different directory and back again.
Please file a bug report at Issues Ā· darktable-org/darktable Ā· GitHub with a detailed description of the error.
If the database is damaged, thereā€™s no way back beside having a backup. Itā€™s highly recommended to backup your darktable .config directory before using a development build of the software because there might be errors. These builds are intended to evaluate new features, find bugs, not for production

Hi, I also had a problem with this last build. It worked fine when I installed it, but when I closed and tried to open it again, it didnā€™t open anymore. I made a backup of my .config folder and tried to ā€œdowngradeā€ to an older build that I was using (before filmic v4), but for some reason now it also doesnā€™t open. Any ideias on how to make it work again?

try to start it via command line to see where the issue is.
/Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable -d all