current OSX Build

Thanka, @bastibe. That’s exactly what I needed!

feature freeze for 4.4 - so it’s time for release assurance
current 4.3.0 master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet & corrected raw whitepoints for Canon M6 (not part of the official relase)

darktable-4.3.0+2308~ga727c00d36_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+2308~ga727c00d36_x86_64.dmg

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see darktable/RELEASE_NOTES.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

feature freezed current 4.3.0 master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet + corrected raw whitepoints for Canon M6

darktable-4.3.0+2338~gd1ca27a43d_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+2338~gd1ca27a43d_x86_64.dmg

both packages are unsigned, you might need to allow execution via terminal: " xattr -c <path/to/application.app> "

darktable 4.3.0 will update the database, so there’s no way back to darktable 4.2.
so my usual reccommendation for doing a backup of your libraries (and xmp files if you’re using darktable with temporary :memory database).

upcoming 4.4 releasenotes see darktable/RELEASE_NOTES.md at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

1 Like

feature freezed current 4.3.0 master + a couple of RF lensfun data from: Kameratrollet + corrected raw whitepoints for Canon M6

darktable-4.3.0+2426~gdb4c557d5b_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+2426~g23a49e9229_x86_64.dmg

1 Like

when starting the latest build though I have given xattr -c <path/to/application.app> command it starts the gui but freezes showing a dialogue PTGUIbatch (not sure about the exact wording) is not from a recognised developer and cannot be started.

I have to reboot in safe mode and delete the lock files. What should I do?

I added a new thread with an Automator workflow to remove the quarantine bit of darktable. No need to use the Terminal.

Hope this helps

PTGUIbatch doesn’t sound like a part of darktable - so you need to check your configuration

No need to use the Terminal.

Ctrl-click on the app and then choose “open”. This clears the quarantine flag as well.

darktable-4.3.0+2460~g735230d807_arm64.dmg
darktable-4.3.0+2465~g8a9f77909a_x86_64.dmg

2 Likes

Hi, two observations to see if someone else had the same issues. When using color zones I have random crashes, it happens but not all the time that I this modules. The other observation is that when using retouch, selecting shapes does not results in the highlight of the selected shape, but the shape is correctly selected. Same observations with the nightly pkg. Otherwise working very nicely.

built with deployment target 10.14

darktable-nightly+16~gabc22aca3f_x86_64.dmg

since 10.14 isn’t supported and i don’t have access to a 10.14 machine any feedback is helpful.

1 Like

Fired it up on my 2015 MacBook Pro I keep on Mojave 10.14 and so far so good. Haven’t run into any bugs doing an image import and poking around in the darkroom so far.

1 Like

Hi,

This is the message I get when opening with the right mouse button and click on “open” in the contextual menu (that’s in french)

“Impossible to open darktable.app because the developper can’t be verified. macOS can’t verify that this app contains bad software”…Move to the bin / Cancel

it’s an unsigned package so works as designed :wink:

Macbook Pro M1 on Ventura 13.4. After database migration, the OpenCL alert message, it seems to work for now.

Yes, I know :slight_smile: That’s why I created the Automator workflow for all unsigned apps I’m using :slight_smile:

Use ctrl-leftclick and choose open to clear the quarantine flag.
This needs to be done only once.

There is a section in the darktable FAQ for Mac that we could use to add this info. I’m not a mac user. Is this something that will always happen even in the release version?

Starting darktable gives me an error message: Impossible to open darktable.app because developer can´t be verified.

• darktable is an unsigned package and mac OS will display this message. You need to Ctrl+Left click and choose to open to clear this message. This only needs to be done once.
1 Like

Is this something that will always happen even in the release version?

It will, if the package is not signed by a developer with an official Apple developer account. Apple charges a membership fee for that accounts and as long as there is no one in the team with such an account, this will happen on release versions too.

Since this is a usual way for many open source Mac software it should not hurt anyone but it is a good idea to put this in the FAQ.

1 Like

I’ve got an Apple Dev account, let me know what you need.