current OSX Build

Not package, it was intended (and easier :grimacing:).
I wanted to have it to test new features and having master on demand.

If you find something to change just tell me or do a pull request please. As I said, Iā€™d like to have it working properly.

Thanks

Yesterday I found out how to package! I mean it just worked after I removed Tango icons. Also the packager uses macport to check which package have been installedā€¦ Iā€™ve to find out what package are use and edit to use brew instead.

Fresh from compilation, darktable seems to workd fine.

Once packed, Darktable starts, lightable and darkroom works, but clicking on the Settings icons crashes the appā€¦

I will publish once Iā€™m done what I did. I used your script to compare and add missing part in mine. However, I didnā€™t use LLVM and Ninja. cmake warns, but continue. I know LLVM is different on MacOS than linux, and the versioning is also different (the brew version of LLVM for mac has version 11.1.0, and cmake canā€™t find a compatible version for it).
I keep you updated :slight_smile:

new build current master + vectorscope + experimental diffusion + sigmoid
darktable-3.5.0+1519~g4fff02e463.dmg
built with sdk 10.15

new build current master + vectorscope + experimental diffusion + sigmoid
darktable-3.5.0+1603~g0ea35a5e54.dmg
built with sdk 10.15

new build current master + vectorscope + experimental diffusion + sigmoid + experimental contrast mask refinement
darktable-3.5.0+1649~g20585f7688.dmg
built with sdk 10.15
donā€™t forget to backup your stuff; this build is not recommended to use for productive stuff since the experimental modules might change

I am unable to run darktable from terminal with command like

darktable -d opencl -d perf

error
bash: darktable: command not found

also no lua scripts are running

what could be the reason? how to solve it?

Try Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable

Actually /Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable worked (front slash before Applications) but in previous versions and in all of the recent and past documentations it only says darktable, so is there something different in these builds?

I also got the following errors

(process:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 21:37:15.039: g_object_set: assertion ā€˜G_IS_OBJECT (object)ā€™ failed

[dt_pthread_create] info: bumping pthreadā€™s stacksize from 524288 to 2097152

(darktable:809): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 21:37:15.288: invalid cast from ā€˜GtkMenuBarā€™ to ā€˜GtkWindowā€™

(darktable:809): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:37:15.288: gtk_window_add_accel_group: assertion ā€˜GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)ā€™ failed

(darktable:809): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:37:16.000: gtk_widget_set_tooltip_text: assertion ā€˜GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)ā€™ failed

2.498275 LUA ERROR : /Users/raj/.config/darktable/lua/include_all.lua:41: Module include_all is not compatible with API 6.2.3

(darktable:809): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 21:37:22.769: g_object_unref: assertion ā€˜G_IS_OBJECT (object)ā€™ failed

OSX packages arenā€™t linux installations. Iā€™m pretty sure, no one wrote that invoking just ā€œdarktableā€ from terminal will work for osx in general. If it worked before that way someone did add darktable to the path variable ā€¦ thats definitely not done automagically.

and btw: the gtk messages are just a reminder that gtk and osx arenā€™t best friends ā€¦

The gnome project is actually.going to try and improve gtk on macOS for their next release. Perhaps we should get involvedā€¦

1 Like

sorry, it was my mistake, in osx I have to invoke with the full path as you have suggested.

new build current master + vectorscope + experimental diffusion + sigmoid + details mask refinement
darktable-3.5.0+1687~g388c377ec8.dmg
built with sdk 10.15
donā€™t forget to backup your stuff; thereā€™s a database upgrade so no way back

new build current master + vectorscope + experimental diffusion + sigmoid + details mask refinement*
darktable-3.5.0+1797~gc40bc997d8.dmg
built with sdk 10.15
* thereā€™s an issue with detail mask if preview size is not original; crashes if not processed with opencl ā†’ so handle with care :wink:

to test upcoming 3.6 release here a plain current master build
darktable-3.5.0+1877~g666bdde167.dmg
built with sdk 10.15
donā€™t forget to backup first :wink:

1. Where lens calibration module is getting the calibration data from?
  2. Location if it is stored locally
  3. How can I add my lens data so DT can use it

https://lensfun.github.io/ Is the source for lens correction
The correction files are in the app package share/lensfun directory and can be updated with current correction data from lensfun.
If you want to add your lens, see: PIXLS.US - Create lens calibration data for lensfun

1 Like

WIth the last build, Vibrance RVB has disappeared from available module. Canā€™t find it

Itā€™s already deprecated and so removed because it never made it into a released version. Vibrance is now included in colorbalancergb

1 Like

As per the lensfun web site i was able to get Adobe lcp file for my lens
SONY (Voigtlander MACRO APO-LANTHAR 65mm F2 Aspherical) - RAW.lcp and tried lensfun-convert-lcp to convert it for lensfun xml but I am getting continues errors. I already had installed lensfun and have Python3 3.9.4 installed from homebrew. I spent whole of yesterday to find a solution but couldā€™t find any.

Can you help me to resolve this?