current OSX Build

new build current master + filmicRGB v4: darktable-3.1.0+1604~g10c48a427.dmg

plain current master:darktable-3.1.0+1599~g7600fb842.dmg

1 Like

Current master + filmic is working nicely on OSX 10.13.6. Thank you

Again same problem with your latest build current master + filmicRGB v4: darktable-3.1.0+1604~g10c48a427.dmg, film roll shows my folders and number of pics in the folder in bracket but when I click on it no images are shown in lighttable

My current working version is 3.1.0+1319~g2a013f90ba with filmicrgb v4 on OSX 10.15.4

What is happening ? why each new version wants to update the database?
why there is no tool to Repaire / upgrade your database

can I somehow see some error what is going wrong?

Launch from the terminal.

you wrote - you recovered your database from a backup - so the database update is done again.
if you can’t see images, please check the rating - filter. i can remember that i had to set it to “all” once.

I’ll try both the suggestions and inform what happens.
Thanks

I got it to work by @MStraeten suggestion of change the view rating to all and then it works.

Thanks!

new build curent master + filmic RBGv4 +new Channelmixer + new whitebalance UX: darktable-3.1.0+1809~g8df34cf39a.dmg

plan current master: darktable-3.1.0+1753~gab53df608.dmg

both requires a database update so backup your .config/darktable directory first

2 Likes

where can I get details about the new channel mixer?

new build current master + filmic RBGv4 +new Channelmixer + new whitebalance UX + some performance pr (5204,5205, 5213): darktable-3.1.0+1871~g5cca49fed1.dmg

keep in mind that the additional stuff is work in progress 

1 Like

How can I compile the 1871 version for windows. I just clone the dark table git yesterday and the version i can build is 1753. I find that compiling from source give me the best performance. The version that you provided felt slower on my i9 MacBook Pro vs my dell i7700 notebook.

Martin integrated some PRs in build, that’s why version number is 1871 in his case, while you get 1753 when building from master.

that mean I have to wait until master reaches 1871. by the way how do we know the currently available build on GitHub Master.

Maybe OpenCl is not activated.
Try OSX: compiling kernels for opencl for packaged darktable.app needs several attempts · Issue #2810 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub to ensure that all opencl kernels are built properly - it might take several starts until all kernels are built when using these development builds.

you can integrate the same pull requests into your build environment via

git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/4360/head
git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/4800/head
git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/4940/head
git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/5204/head
git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/5205/head
git pull GitHub - darktable-org/darktable: darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer pull/5213/head

1 Like

Thanks I will try it

new build plain current master darktable-3.1.0+1932~g5609f84cea.dmg:

current master + filmic RBGv4 +new Channelmixer + new whitebalance UX + some performance pr darktable-3.1.0+2037~g5a08cf8833.dmg:

Thanks @MStraeten I will try it. There was a compile error on my windows compile I tried to do this morning.

Unfortunately a successful build on osx doesn’t imply a successful windows build