Custom theme TooWaBooBlue 1.09 update (08 Mar 2016) (Gtk3)

Hi there! Thanks for your work on the theme! I like it. I have v880 with your theme version 1.11 running…

One thing I’ve noticed (in the last version too) is that when I try to resize the left column (in the editor, where the histogram/navigator/history are) to be snug up to the thumbnail in the navigator, to make those most editing space in the center, that left column snaps back out. I can’t tell if it’s set to a specific size or if it’s padding but I’d prefer to be able to make it snug to the thumbnail in the navigator… This doesn’t happen with the stock theme…

I took a peek at the css before writing you here but I don’t know what I’m doing so it would take me probably forever to figure it out… If you don’t want to change it can you give me the tip? Thanks

I wish that when resizing the right column all the controls in it would shrink more too, to get more space for the image. But I don’t think this has to do with the TooWaBoo custom theme but with the GUI. It looks like you can’t shrink that right column much, the max is still too wide.

They do shrink, but the longest row defines the minimum width. Mostly the limit belongs to the labes on objects. In English the labels are short, but for e.g. in French they are much longer.

I don’t know which language you are using, try another one e.g. English.

It’s the navigater table which makes the the sidebar increasing its width. It happens in the org. theme too (only a couple of pixels) and it also depends on the font size you are using.

You can change it yourself by adding the bold code to the theme.
I will add these lines in the next version

*** Label ***
.label {
padding: 0 4px;
}
GtkTable .label {
padding: 0;
}

1 Like

@TooWaBoo, you are correct, the longest row defines the minimum width.
I’m using the English version and that column is still too wide. Perhaps, shorter labels is the only solution.