darktable 2.6.1 released

Thank you for the answer, but I really do not have the Czech language there. I miss the file. I’ll have to look elsewhere if it’s in Suse Leap 15 or I’m wrong installing it. But I’m glad the translation really is. Somehow I’ll put it together :slight_smile: Thank you very much for the effort. Darktable is great, it’s a bit difficult for me to learn English :slight_smile: Nice day.

Ahoj!

Hm… Start darktable.
Click at the darktable logo (upper left corner).
Version number?

/Claes

Hi Josef,

I do not know, how you have to do in SuSE, but in my Gentoo I had to make sure, the respectively L10n-Files will be installed. after that my package management tells me something like this:

media-gfx/darktable
Verfügbare Versionen: (~)1.6.9[1] (~)2.2.0_rc0[1] (~)2.2.0_rc1[1] (~)2.2.0_rc3[1] (~)2.2.4[1] 2.2.5 2.4.3 (~)2.4.4 (~)2.6.0 (~)2.6.1 **9999 {colord cups doc flickr geo geolocation gnome-keyring gphoto2 graphicsmagick jpeg2k kde kwallet libsecret linguas_ca linguas_cs linguas_da linguas_de linguas_el linguas_es linguas_fr linguas_it linguas_ja linguas_nl linguas_pl linguas_pt_BR linguas_pt_PT linguas_ru linguas_sq linguas_sv linguas_uk nls opencl openexr openmp pax_kernel +rawspeed +slideshow +squish web-services webp CPU_FLAGS_X86=“sse3” L10N=“af ca cs da de el es fi fr gl he hu it ja nb nl pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru sk sl sq sv th uk zh-CN”}
Installierte Versionen: 2.6.1(20:36:31 07.03.2019)(cups gphoto2 jpeg2k kwallet nls opencl openexr openmp webp -colord -doc -flickr -geolocation -gnome-keyring -graphicsmagick -pax_kernel CPU_FLAGS_X86=“sse3” L10N=“de -ca -es -fi -fr -hu -ja -nb -nl -pl -pt-BR -ru -sl”)
Startseite: https://www.darktable.org/
Beschreibung: A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographersstrong text

In my Gentoo I handle it in a basic setup-file which sure you don’t have, just hope, it gives you a hint, where to look after…
Mine is /etc/portartage/make.conf and it contains a line like this:
LINGUAS=“de zh_CN fr zh_TW en_GB”

Without this I couldn’t make it speak German, but with, yes…

I hope, this is reasonably enough inspiration for you, to figure out :slight_smile:

Cheers
Axel

Thank you for your report. It really seems the translation file for the czech language is missing in the 2.6.1 tarball. only files which are in the tarball are ca.po de.po es.po fi.po fr.po hu.po ja.po nb.po nl.po pl.po pt_BR.po ru.po sl.po. Seems to be the same for the 2.6.0 branch.

Ping @Pascal_Obry @houz

I am pretty sure you would be unable to have 2.6.1 in his language as well.

only master (aka 2.7.x) has it.

I just showed the principle way, but yes, switching to “git master” might be the next step to do

@PepaS:
Check this out:

And be aware to have a look to the mailinglist!

As much as I, as a power user, like to use git master. it is not for everyone. we should clarify why the czech language was added to the release notes but missing in the tarball and then roll 2.6.2 quickly with the missing languages + the fix for broken presets.

1 Like

It is not in the dt 2.6 branch. My mistake! Don’t know what has happened has I have it on my TODO list. I missed probably a “git add” in my commit as this was new in dt 2.6. Will be in 2.6.2 as I’ll merge this now. Sorry again.

1 Like

If I understand that well, will the Czech version 2.6.2 be? Otherwise, thank you for your willingness to help :-).
Josef, Czech Republic

What I mean is that the Czech translation will be available in darktable 2.6.2 when it is released.

I understand and thank :slight_smile: Good work!
Josef, Czech Republic

Thank you for your work, darktable team.

3 Likes

Having migrated from Adobe Elements about 6 months ago darktable is really amazing! Spent quite a lot of time watching the Youtube videos by the Aussie Bruce Williams Photography. He’s been a significant help for me learning many of the module functions and how to manage them. Thank you to the darktable team for this amazing software!

Hi guys,
just downloaded, great work! Filmic improved significantly (auto-tune, global saturation) and is now easy to use, very curious about the tone-equalizer @anon41087856 is working on. Hierarchical view for styles is just cool.
Greets
Jürgen

I have a little issue with hierarchical view of styles…

In lighttable it will be recognized, if I add more than one | and I get a sub-structure. However in darkroom the second | just gets ignored.
(e.g. "tjmujinpak | AGFA | xyzxyz " )

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advanve!

Cheers
Axel

Yes, in the darkroom only the first structure is taken into account. A current limitation of the implementation.

Thanks a lot, than I know, how to handle :slight_smile:

And thank you again, for you and the whole team. What you create with darktable is sensational!

May I have another wish? :slight_smile:

If you have t3mujinpack, you would really like to have the chance to edit several styles in a row with that separator | rather than one by one :smile:

The best is for this pack to come with proper naming supporting | :slight_smile:

Actually I tried by rename the files but after import it didn’t work. Seems I should have a look into the files. This will end up with awk and sed which I am not really a nerd for :slight_smile: