darktable 2.6.3 released

we’re proud to announce the third bugfix release for the 2.6 series of darktable, 2.6.3!

the github release is here: Release darktable 2.6.3 released · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub.

as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksums are:
when updating from the currently stable 2.6.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4.x any more.

Important note: to make sure that darktable can keep on supporting the raw file format for your camera, please read this post on how/what raw samples you can contribute to ensure that we have the full raw sample set for your camera under CC0 license!

and the changelog as compared to 2.6.2 can be found below.

New Features

• April 1st game is now disabled by default
  • Add preference to disable/enable April 1st game
  • Print module default margin set 17mm
  • Add support for disabling base-curve by default
  • Add support for disabling sharpen by default

Bugfixes

• Source with OpenMP can be compiled with GCC-9 and clang
  • Update skin tone preset on color-zones module
  • Fix compiling with exiv2 0.27.2.1
  • Fix file access permissions on macOS Catalina 10.15
  • Fix shift+scroll only scrolling in one direction on macOS
  • Fix picasa, piwigo and facebook SSL support
  • Fix CSS issue on MacOS

Changed Dependencies

None.

Camera support, compared to 2.6.2

Base Support

• Epson R-D1s
  • Epson R-D1x
  • Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR
  • Fujifilm X-T30 (compressed)
  • Fujifilm XF10
  • Kodak EasyShare Z981
  • Kodak EasyShare Z990
  • Leica C (Typ 112) (4:3)
  • Leica CL (dng)
  • Leica Q (Typ 116) (dng)
  • Leica Q2 (dng)
  • Leica SL (Typ 601) (dng)
  • Leica V-LUX (Typ 114) (3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1)
  • Olympus E-M1X
  • Olympus TG-6
  • Panasonic DC-G90 (4:3)
  • Panasonic DC-G91 (4:3)
  • Panasonic DC-G95 (4:3)
  • Panasonic DC-G99 (4:3)
  • Panasonic DC-ZS200 (3:2)
  • Panasonic DMC-TX1 (3:2)
  • Sony DSC-RX0M2
  • Sony ILCE-6400
  • Sony ILCE-7RM4

White Balance Presets

• Panasonic DC-LX100M2

Noise Profiles

• Panasonic DC-LX100M2
7 Likes

Thanks ! I forgot about posting here :slight_smile:

^^

I installed 2.6.3 for Mac yesterday, and was very pleased to see the shift+scrolling issue is completely fixed. Thanks very much to the devs!

Unfortunately, I experienced two new problems:

1. When I right-click on a slider, the dropdown opens and immediately closes. If I try again, this same behaviour occurs several times, preventing me from typing a value. Eventually, after several tries, the drop-down stays open, and I can type a value.

2. Clicking on an item in the history panel causes it (and possibly other items) to disappear from the panel, which makes compressing the history from a particular point in the list impossible. The image itself does not change. When I tab back to the previous image in the darkroom, its history stack is also missing the ‘disappeared’ items.

These issues interferred so badly with editing that I’ve abandoned 2.6.3 and reinstalled 2.6.2.

At this point, I’m just checking here to find out if anyone else using the Mac version of 2.6.3 has experienced similar issues. (If not, I may try again later and reinstall 2.6.3)

Thanks in advance for any report re similar issues on the MacOS version of 2.6.3

Thanks !! When are we going to get the Windows build for the same ?

Its been there all along: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/download/release-2.6.3/darktable-2.6.3-win64.exe

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I was actually looking for it on darktable main website (install | darktable)

and here: news | darktable ?

Thanks!! I installed on windows 64 bit and i think there is a problem with snapshots. I can take the snapshots but when i select one the image doesn’t appear and there is no comparison bar. Am i doing something wrong?

This has been fixed in the master branch, but I believe has not been included in the 2.6.3 release. Only the 2.7 will include that.

1 Like

thank you!!

You don’t have to post those release announcements manually here. As soon as the blog post is published on darktable.org we will automatically pick it up here. I now connected the embedding to the website to this post so the comments show up there.

Yes, and it is posted on darktable.org now…

I know. I fixed the forum to use the this old post for the comments :slight_smile:

I see, sorry didn’t understood you comment! That’s perfect then.

Thank you for the update! I always get excited when I see a new DT update being posted. I just downloaded the .dmg and installed it on my Mac mini (OS 10.14.6) and it installed flawlessly, however the user interface is in French. My French is VERY rusty. Is there a way to change it to English? Did I grab the wrong file? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

preferences button → GUI options → interface language → English
and finally restart darktable DONE

Thank you very much! This did the trick!
With gratitude,
-M

I’m seeing similar on Mac OS 10.5.1.

With No.1 above, I notice the tooltips dialogue opens which causes the adjuster dialogue to close. After multiple attempts it eventually clears and works as normal. Not very good for a faster workflow though!

With No.2 I’m seeing the opposite, and getting extra items appearing. I’m currently trying out DT (again) to try and migrate from Lr, but I don’t like the imported adjustments, so I’m resetting a folder of images to a base setting, then reworking them. But, at a certain point a bunch of unwanted edits are reappearing. On one session it was the Shadows and Highlights adjuster - it was actually appearing as I opened each image. On a subsequent session I’m seeing other adjustments.

I did try to revert to 2.6.2, but it won’t read my external disk anymore.

Really 10.5?