This post is supposed to contain mostly up-to-date lists of the raw samples that are still missing from RPU. Please periodically visit this thread, spread the link to this thread, spread the word, and help out!
Don’t forget that we are looking for:
- Lens mounted on the camera, cap off
- Image in focus and properly exposed
- Landscape orientation
and we are NOT looking for:
- Series of images with different ISO, aperture, shutter, wb, lighting, or different lenses
- DNG files created with Adobe DNG Converter
- Photographs of people, for legal reasons.
If the camera can produce multiple interesting raw samples (see main page or RPU for details), we need the full set of the samples to have the same content. So even if part of the samples is already present, please, upload the full set!
Special raw sample request list
While we already do have the samples for the cameras in this list, they need to be replaced.
Please provide the full sample set for each camera in the list.
- Canon EOS 5DS
- Canon PowerShot Pro1 (just one sample)
- Canon PowerShot G6 (just one sample)
- Canon PowerShot S70 (just one sample)
- Pentax K-1
- Sony Alpha DSLR A380, A550
Specifically, looking for the camera that still produces ARW v1 raws, with the biggest sensor.
- Pretty much all and any medium-format camera:
- Phase One A/S (up to 4 different raw formats)
- Leaf (2 raw formats)
The current list of camera missing samples
There are many cameras out there capable of producing raw files. We have a list of known cameras with no samples. That list is auto-generated, and it is most likely incomplete. Even if you do not see your camera in the list, please still do manuall check that we have a full sample set under Creative Commons Zero (CC0).
Yes, some cameras are marketed under several different names. We can not know that the name is the one and only difference, so we want all the samples regardless.
Non Creative-Commons Zero (CC0)
We have many raw samples that were not licensed as freely as we would like. Ideally we are looking for images that have been released under Creative Commons Zero (CC0). We have a list of cameras with non-CC0 sample, so if you happen to have one of the cameras listed there please consider contributing the full raw sample set for us!