darktable 3.0

Will 3.0 appear for the current version of Fedora, or will it have to wait for the next version?

1 Like

That’s a question to ask to app repositories managers, we don’t decide that.

If you want 3.0 sooner, use the OBS repo by @darix. Pascal’s ppa will be slow with the new version, he said in irc a few days ago.

2 Likes

thanks. I don’t do snaps and I don’t compile. The ppa system is a big advantage of Linux (as I see it) - and if I have to wait a week longer …

1 Like

So, I am still not able to download it. Is there any ppa or any location with compiled binaries?
THANKS

Try here:

OBS is just another repository, much like a PPA. No compiling needed. Bonus is that it contains packages for noise tools and stuff like that.

Good to read you and see another language to this article. I will propose an update to darktable.org one to add a link to your translation. Thanks !

Thanks a bunch. I already have 2.6.2 installed in my Linux Mint. I was referring to 3.x package(s).

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-3.0.0

I already saw that. Can’t find any package for Linux. The tar.xz contains source only (3.65 mb).
There is one for Windows and Mac OS, but no built binaries or package for Linux…

Binaries for Linux aren’t built from github. Try the OBS repo under 3rd party installs from the website: install | darktable

2 Likes

@Farrukh I see… I can’t verify ATM but if that is true then this is kind of confusing:

Would be an honor.
Glad I can contribute to this outstanding project :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I see that is to lure us into reading manual.

OK git fetch and try to build. Outcome

~/work/darktable/src/common/dlopencl.h:27:10: fatal error: CL/cl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <CL/cl.h>
      ^~~~~~~~~

Whoa! darktable fails to build on Linux?!

Kindly add to build instructions steps required to prepare build environment.

Executing in terminal

# apt-get install ocl-icd-dev ocl-icd-opencl-dev opencl-c-headers opencl-clhpp-headers opencl-headers

did trick for me (that is for Debian/Ubuntu distros). Though I also installed CUDA headers prior to mentioned step, what is advised on quite few illiterate forums. Illiterate in sense of programming, some overflow bunch. CUDA on its own didn’t bring me any joy.

I’ve just updated the package in the OBS to version 3.0.0. Will create a PR as soon as my build succeeds.

1 Like

Hi,

you can find here (https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/wiki/Building_darktable_20) some instructions.

They are not updated but - with some minor changes - can still work!

Maurizio

I forgot where I saw it. At least I got the PDF, here is a link to MY storage:

darktable-usermanual.pdf (~15Mb)

I will not update the link and delete the PDF in a few days, I guess there will be better links soon.

1 Like

Better link (a more recent one): https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/wiki/Building_darktable_26 (this works for 3.0 for sure).

1 Like

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks. As you noted it is not really applicable for 3.X versions. Something is missing.

Regards
Filip