darktable 3.6.0 released

An issue has been raised here. Probably needs a change to the Windows build.

1 Like

Thank you All

1 Like

Hello, this version does not recognize my Olympus e-510 camera for image import.

Please provide raw files: Raw Samples Wanted

How is the press handled? I remember that after no news of the darktable 3.4 release appeared on dpreview, someone said they sent the release notification, but it was not published – I guess they don’t want to bite the hand that feeds them. What about other sites?
I’ve posted in the darktable flickr group (mostly dead, as far as discussions are concerned), as well as on dgrin (SmugMug’s forum, also dying). There already is discussion on the dpreview forum.

Previously we would alert outlets, but we haven’t done that this time. TBH, I’m not sure how much good it does, the comment sections are generally a shit show, and it is quite time consuming.

9 Likes

:frowning: Yes, I’ve noticed many among those who comment on DPR’s news items are mindless trolls, no matter what the topic is. If it’s not their favourite camera brand, sensor size, focal length or aperture range, or software, they don’t just shrug their shoulders and move on (or (gasp!) stop and think for a while, figuring out what the potential benefits of a different approach can be), but start bashing whatever the article is about. I saw it happen to Filmulator last time.

7 Likes

I agree, things so much more civilised here!

1 Like

Hello, I have installed version 3.0.1-Oubuntu1 and the same error is repeated, it seems that the fault is in linux mint. Darktable recognizes the camera and lenses for image editing, but does not detect it for importing images.

I have uninstalled darktable and reinstalled v: 3.0.1 and if it recognizes camera to import images, v: 3.6.0 flatpack does not recognize camera to import images. Greetings.

For the flatpak, you’ll need to adjust the sandboxing permissions in order to see the camera. You can get the app Flatseal, which is a GUI for adjusting sandbox permissions for flatpak apps.

Thanks for the information from flatseal it has been good for me for another program with which I had conflicts.

But when it comes to Darktable it seems that I have been clumsy and that now the import mode is different. Thanks a lot.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this. Excited to get this installed and happy to see updates twice a year.

1 Like

Would there be issues installing the flatpak version of dt 3.6 on the same computer that has an install from the Manjaro Repo’s of dt 3.4?

I’m afraid it might be a long wait until dt 3.6 becomes available through Manjaro, and I’d like to start using it on my main computer. I’ve built it from github on my laptop with the help of a friend, and it’s an impressive update to say the least!. Kudos to all the dev’s for their hard work.

Thanks for any guidance.

No, it is fine. The flatpak stores its settings separate from those installed by your package manager.

There’s now an article on dpreview, I guess most have already seen it. Surprisingly, there’s not much trolling going on. Some dissatisfied people who find the UI strange and have not grasped the difference between pipe and history order, but none of the ‘hippy crap for Linux nerds’ attitude.

3 Likes

Would have been nice if they’d supplied their own images instead of taking them directly from the blog without attribution, but still, nice to have positive publicity.

1 Like

I think we’re better off with screenshots made and photos developed by knowledgeable people than if they’d supplied their own after a 2-minute trial run. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You’re right but all of the images (including @paperdigits’ photograph at the top of the post) are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA and technically they’ve broken every term of that license. Not something we’ll make a big fuss over (especially for the screenshots) but it’s a bit lazy.

I guess they’re used to being given promotional materials by companies for the purpose of product announcement articles, where this is not a question (I mean the licence to use the images is granted by the companies, since they want the media to use them).